• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Quiet and distorted AUX out

sleezecheeze

Jul 20, 2012
Australia
Hey guys,

I have an S2 running on 4.1.2 and I love it. I use it as my music device of choice because the 16gb micro SD card holds almost all of my music. This works fine with headphones and through my logitec speakers.

When I do run into an issue though is in my car. I have a pioneer DEH-155MPG head unit that I installed myself a while ago. The head unit functions perfectly with crisp sound from both Tuner (FM radio) and CD sources but whenever I use my SGS2 via AUX in the music is really quiet and extremely distorted.

I've tried using different AUX cables and turning the EQ etc. to flat on the phone. I read somewhere in my researches that Google Play Music is the culprit for this issue on all of the SGS devices.

I downloaded poweramp and I will try that via AUX in after I've finished lunch and report back.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and how they fixed it?

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones