1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Quiet in here.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BmXStuD, Jan 17, 2014.

1. BmXStuD

BmXStuD Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 19, 2013
    :( I guess our beloved phone has seen better development days. My EVO v is still holding in but i haven't had my phone activated in about 4 months because its just worthless because the 3g data sucks and i use it most when im outside. And 4g only works downtown pretty much where im never at.
    Now, i been looking for a new 4g LTE VM phone and i just cant make a decision and prices are a little expensive. When i found my evo v 4g it was $100 and the current phone on sale @ radioshack is the samsung gal victory which is a downgrade from the evo v so im not getting that. (the lg f3 seems like a downgrade also) Looks like ill be stuck with using my evo v 4g as my mp3 outdoors and full wifi phone inside the house. for a little longer.

:smokingsomb:

Advertisement

2. Revenant Ghost

Revenant Ghost Android Expert

Jun 30, 2012
    Hell
    You're right. This place isn't quite the same as it used to be. But it was only a matter of time before people began to move on.

If it wasn't for financial issues, I probably would have moved on to another phone by now as well. The EVO V 4G (EVO 3D) was a great phone at the time, but now it has run its course.

3. pheonix991

pheonix991 Member
    None

Aug 22, 2012
    Mine works. Makes phone calls, navigation works, sends texts. That's what I'd use a new phone for. No reason to upgrade.

Also no reason to mess around with roms.

4. Revenant Ghost

Jun 30, 2012
    Hell
    To each his own. And your needs in a phone may differ from someone else's. But that's one of the things that make Android unique. There's something for everyone.

5. circleoflife

circleoflife Member
    None

Mar 21, 2012
    I'm still using the EVO 3d, only because the current VM lineup of phones is eh outside of the Galaxy III. I'll probably invest in another phone towards the end of the year - maybe get the Galaxy IV if VM has it.

6. BmXStuD

None

Feb 19, 2013
    Im seriously looking @ the Supreme (zte vital) It looks pretty good even know i said i would never touch a brand like a Kyoercia again in my life. But @ $200+ bucks its too expensive. Maybe $150 i can do so im waiting for that sale. Till then ill keep this evo v.

7. kwknott

kwknott Android Expert
    None

Mar 19, 2012
    I upgraded to the Victory from the Evo and I think it was nice upgrade. The only thing the Evo has over the Victory is screen size (4.5" v 4") and development. The Victory only has 1 good rom (Conquest) but it's snappy. It is overclockable to 1.8ghz.

I wouldn't recommend the f3. My wife had it and had alot of data issue over multiple replacements.

I did just pass my Victory on to my son and picked up the Desire. I missed the larger screen but didn't want to pay over $300 for the S3. I thought about getting the Supreme but my brother has the Awe and I wasn't impressed with it so I wasn't sure I wanted to take a chance. Seeing I loved my Evo I decided to go with another HTC phone

8. BmXStuD

None

Feb 19, 2013
    Yea that's the phone I was going to get. Only 80$ right now at radio shack but I would miss this nice screen we have on the evo v. Conquest would be awesome because I hate lay overs on android stock phones. Stock android is best. Atm I'm scared to spend money on a victory or f3 and then the virgin supreme drops in a price I'm willing to pay.

9. ochenta

ochenta Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 5, 2012
    I still lurk the forums every once in a while. I've basically tested all the ROMs and found one I am happy with, so there isn't much of a reason to post anymore. I don't have any complaints about the Evo (ok, one complaint: no Google Now on the ROM I like) so I'm not looking to upgrade any time soon. Every day I keep the Evo is another day of saving money for other things.

10. BmXStuD

None

Feb 19, 2013

Which ROM are you on? I been On WIld for the night for ages now and doubt i will switch on the evo v. I did try that new evo3d KitKak rom out for an hour but it was buggy and screen kept flashing which i didnt have time for.

11. narutoninjakid

narutoninjakid Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 18, 2011
    Male
    Student
    NJ
    Just wanted to chime in haven't been on this forum in so long I browse xda now. I left Virgin along time ago their service sucked for me. I'm enjoying my tmobile contract free phone lines 4 phones for $125 unlimited everything. Really can't be beat I have a note 2 right now. Looking forward to the note 3 in a few months. If you can you guys should look into tmobile service is way better in my opinion.

12. ochenta

None

Oct 5, 2012
    I'm on Mobster's Lite (yes, one of his ROMs before his various remixes) because it checks all the boxes I want from a rom: Wimax, ability to customize quick settings, tethering, visual voicemail, MMS, stability, and battery life. It's ICS, but the only feature I want from JB or KK is Google Now, and every JB or KK rom I've tried sacrificed something on the above list.

13. jmatherly411

jmatherly411 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 7, 2012
    Male
    The Lawn Star (Owner/Operator)
    Virginia
    I still come in here and see whats going on have to admit has gotten pretty slow. I bought the GS3 a while back and gave away my 3VO V, was a great phone wish I kept as a back-up.

14. jmatherly411

jmatherly411 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 7, 2012
    Male
    The Lawn Star (Owner/Operator)
    Virginia
    Yeahhhh, I don't think so here T-Mobile only has 2G EDGE service, the closest 3G on T-Mobile is about 20 miles West of me, its 2014. Sprint just finished all their network vision upgrades in my town a few months back and now covered in LTE, I get over 10Mbps indoors with LTE...not going anywhere lol

15. Revenant Ghost

Jun 30, 2012
    Hell
    That's the main reason why I stick with ICS ROMs on this phone. Everything works as it should and you don't have to make any major compromises. I was a pretty big fan of Mobster's work a while back, until I found Negalite-Blurom.

16. narutoninjakid

narutoninjakid Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 18, 2011
    Male
    Student
    NJ
    Yeah I guess it all depends on location I'm in the urban new York area and tmobile is great up here. I heard tmobile is pretty bad in some rural areas.

17. ochenta

None

Oct 5, 2012
    Yep, my thoughts exactly. I tried Negalite about 6 months ago and really didn't like the themeing, maybe I should give it another go just for the heck of it. What do you like about it versus Mobster's?

18. Revenant Ghost

Jun 30, 2012
    Hell
    I gotta admit, the theme isn't for everyone. Especially if you don't like the color blue, hence the name of the ROM. And battery life may not be the greatest either, but I have an extended battery to make up for it. Now here's what I like about Negalite-Blurom:

• Great performance (especially if you choose the senseless option)
    • Easy to update through SVN (you don't have to download the entire ROM for an update)
    • Great sound quality (Buttered Toast kernel and Viper for Android)
    • 4G hacks (downloaded several GBs of videos and VM customer service was none the wiser)
    If you do intend to try Negalite-Blurom again, go for version r121 because it's the latest and most stable. You can find it in the latest nightlies section on www.negalite.com.

ochenta likes this.
  19. Unforgiven

Unforgiven OK Google

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    Really guys? C'mon, there is no need to argue, and if it happens again, it will be dealt with. There is a report button, use it.

TDOW, jmatherly411, lunatic59 and 4 others like this.
  20. EazySteve

EazySteve Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 10, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Argue about what? I must have missed that lol.

Yeah, it's been quiet in here. I really believe people would have stuck around if there was an official jelly bean update with google now. It's pretty sad because it's such a great phone and still competes with a lot of mids today.

R.I.P. HTC EVO 3D well advanced for its time and taken from us too damn soon

Tags: