1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Quiet time

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by keithscarfe, Dec 6, 2013.

1. keithscarfe

keithscarfe Newbie

I seem to remember there was a setting somewhere to tell the phone not to bother you at night time by announcing emails and texts but I cant find it anywhere. You could set a time between say midnight and 07:00 when the phone doesn't sound announcements. Is this a setting in android or maybe it was in some app that I once had. Anyone know? Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert

I think you need an app for that - though I guess it might come with some manufacturer's overlays.

There are a number of apps on the Play Store - try searching for something like "schedule silent".

3. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Like SiempreTuna said, that's not a function of stock naked Android. It may be a function of an OEM "enhancement" or part of a custom ROM.

I personally use a simple Tasker task to automatically put my phone in Silent Mode between 10PM and 7AM when I'm also near my home Wifi. Very powerful app, that Tasker.

4. keithscarfe

keithscarfe Newbie

Ok thanks. Yes I used to use an app called Lama a while ago, similar to tasker, it must have been in there.

5. rod9669

rod9669 Android Enthusiast

I use Bedside - still allows calls and texts from a white list, for family etc

funkylogik likes this.
  6. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Samsungs have "blocking mode" (i think its called) but yeah thats an OEM thing :thumbup: