• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quint-core tablets about to come out?

That plus the fact that researchers in another University have figured out that in mobile devices the phone can be put in ultra low power mode with just enough power to read data headers - then wake up in an instant to do things like take an incoming call, etc...

Smartphone battery life improves with new invention - Tech Talk - CBS News

(Thanks to tesusenoh for pointing me to this article)

Reactions: SUroot
Upvote 0
I guess I am still at, whats the point? Most of the ARM software out there is created to only run on one core. The worst part is that they still have to work on sharing memory from core to core. They also have a very limited power supply.

It is kind of like giving a street car a jet engine. Sure it can go fast, for the whole 2 seconds and 1 mile of straight roads. I understand that multi-cores increase battery life, but only if you get the os to use it correctly. We have os's using dual cores that just flat out suck, because of the memory speeds, power restrictions, and just dump code writing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones