• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Quirky issues with S3 - S-Voice/Camera

Hi,

Longtime lurker, first time poster. ;)

My S3 is doing some really weird stuff and wondered if anyone else had heard of this stuff. Searches here and Internet wide have not born fruit.

When I use S-Voice, after my first command the phone switches to camera almost every time. I've done some Internet searches and cannot find any reference to a similar problem.

I have had some other quirky issues that are not quite so esoteric. The spontaneous reboots and shutdowns and an occasional freeze. Not sure if any of this is connected or not.

I'm running 4.1.1 JellyBean. It is not rooted and it cannot be as it is a corporate device and I will be sent to bed without dinner. I am currently participating in a trial for new AT&T version firmware, but the problems started before that.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Any known apps that cause this particular problem?

On my SIII with S Voice, it's a similar issue. i.e. if the phone thinks I want to call a person (she says Who would you like to call?), then it tries to lookup names in my contacts. I have to back out of S Voice by pressing the back key and then double-pressing the home button to open it up again to start a new session.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones