1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Quitting web browsing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by celticnoel79, Mar 9, 2011.

1. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Newbie
    None

Dec 4, 2010
    Ok so this probably sounds really daft (and maybe is) but after web browsing what is the easiest and best way to exit. With the Desire HD having no exit or quit button i just use the back button but sometimes get this message "The page you are trying to view contains data that has already been submitted......etc etc" Which is really annoying, surely theres a way just to "quit" web browsing, i know you can use the HOME key but then surely the web is just continuing to run in the background? Am i missing something really obvious here? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. springy

springy Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 31, 2010
    The android browser will finish off the task it needs to do (outstanding web downloading) before going to suspend when you hit the home button. So the browser is still running but it won't do anything until you go into it.

You can force close the browser, but it is not advise. Just leave it running, android will handle the memory management for you

3. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Newbie
    None

Dec 4, 2010
    Cheers mate, saves me hitting "back" multiple times to exit as i thought i was doing my phone and battery life a favour by "quitting" the application, now all i need to remedy is my Calls going straight to voicemail when browsing issue and ill be a happy chappy! :)