• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help QWERTY Androids most popular in the US

QWERTY Android phones most popular in US

Although the Moment is #10 on that list, it should be noted that the Nexus 1 isnt even top 10 (in sales). But we know the N1 is really good. Just goes to show, the most popular smartphones phones aren't always the best phones out.

Too bad the newer phones set for this year seem to mostly be touchscreen only devices :(

I so agree with the last part of your post. I'm a former Sidekick user and I must say that phone had the best keyboard EVER. I've got pretty big hands and can't stand touchscreen only phones. I also hate qwerty keyboards that don't have a dedicated number row. The Moment is the only Android phone with a dedicated number row which is great but at the same time I'm having awful battery issues which has me looking for another phone. It sucks because there's no other phone out there.

:(

Reactions: Eazail70x7
Upvote 0
QWERTY Android phones most popular in US

Although the Moment is #10 on that list, it should be noted that the Nexus 1 isnt even top 10 (in sales). But we know the N1 is really good. Just goes to show, the most popular smartphones phones aren't always the best phones out.

Too bad the newer phones set for this year seem to mostly be touchscreen only devices :(

The Moment is #10 Cause Samsung put out a crappy QWERTY phone. I feel like I went backwards with this phone.

Upvote 0
I didn't see the N1 on the list, so does that mean it did even worse? (Just curious, thats all)

This is the only phone that sells outside the provider network. Though the sales are relatively low, I'm not sure that Google is disappointed. The phone brought a big splash in the media, awareness to the platform and probably helped sales of the droid, Eris, Cliq, hero, etc. with the exception apparently of the Moment (good marketing job Sprint/Samsung!). I think it was also Google's intention for the N1 to force it's manufacturers to up their hardware game. Considering Androids growth since the N1 was announced, it may go down as a sales failure and a spectacular marketing success.

Upvote 0
FAIL - The N1 doesn't have a QWERTY Keyboard. Its all touch screen.

fail2.gif

The list is of top smartphones. Not top QWERTY phones. Last I checked the iPhone didn't have a keyboard and its at the top of that list.

Reactions: Eazail70x7
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones