• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

R-Box Rockchip 2918 Google TV

все нормально поддерживаем беседу на англицком =)

i get 1080P Full HD Android 2.3 Network Media Player w/ 3 x USB/SD/HDMI/WiFi/LAN/YPbPr/AV-Out/Optical - Worldwide Free Shipping - DealExtreme

in the spec says firmware included from 12.01.2012.
rk29xxtools by clamel instructions ok rooting maxq firmware, but i not sure what this firmware compatible with my TV box (model GV-2)

Upvote 0
все нормально поддерживаем беседу на англицком =)

i get 1080P Full HD Android 2.3 Network Media Player w/ 3 x USB/SD/HDMI/WiFi/LAN/YPbPr/AV-Out/Optical - Worldwide Free Shipping - DealExtreme

in the spec says firmware included from 12.01.2012.
rk29xxtools by clamel instructions ok rooting maxq firmware, but i not sure what this firmware compatible with my TV box (model GV-2)

Hi friend,
i saw from pictures, your box is the same of mine!! So you can use maxq r7 firmware.. I'm also working at my personal modded version of the firmware.. I will pubblish soon :)

Upvote 0
Hi friend,
i saw from pictures, your box is the same of mine!! So you can use maxq r7 firmware.. I'm also working at my personal modded version of the firmware.. I will pubblish soon :)

yes =) but i read in manual - upgrade via sd card and afraid that maxq fw will not work for me. And so far has not yet received my usb cable Am-Am.
Tell me about personal modded version more information?

2yric39
i have with 3 usb ports.

i photographed my android info screen

foto1
foto2
foto3
foto4

(sorry i not find how create gallery how fist post this is theme)

Upvote 0
who known how upgrade via sd card? =)
I do not think you can do this as yet.

Go to the MaxQ website and download their firmware update. It contains a utility to connect with the device USB port and then upgrade with clamelmod. It works very nicely and removes all the unnecessary clutter.

maxq.com.my/index.php/support/media-player-1635/firmware-update-24542/category/16-maxq-r7

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones