1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

R.I.P. Google Experience Launcer..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by krs128, Dec 13, 2013.

1. krs128

krs128 Well-Known Member

since 4.4 update I was using the GE Launcher and loving it. but last night since the new Google Search Update it broke the launcher.. it only gives 5 columns across now instead of 6, totally threw everything off. had to go back to stock launcher...

any one else disappointed over this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. revel

revel Member

Yes exactly the same thing hapend, Reinstalled the launcher and now all,s fine.

3. krs128

krs128 Well-Known Member

oh that is excellent news. I will be sure to do that. did you just download the same APK as before? or did you find a more updated one?

4. revel

revel Member

Same apk.

5. krs128

krs128 Well-Known Member

where did you download the apk from?? I uninstalled and reinstalled it and still only have 5 columns.

6. revel

revel Member

Downloaded from here and it works for me.
    h**p://www.mediafire.com/download/3ina0fd8fwki5fo/GoogleHome.apk

7. LakersDroid

LakersDroid Android Expert

by default the nexus 7 running kitkat is supposed to have only 5 columns and 6 rows.

I just installed the GEL (0.10.1) and with the updated google search (3.1.24) there is a major bug where the bottom right icon on the dock would disappear after each reboot, so you can only have 5 icons on the dock instead of six.

I rolled back to the previous google search (3.1.8) and all all is working fine.

Nexus 7 (2013) Forum

The Nexus 7 (2013) release date was July 2013. Features and Specs include a 7.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 3950mAh battery.

July 2013
Release Date
Reviews