• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root R2BA020 is out

@kersey, jerepelea reckons the root will still work even if you have the update but if you are using a de-branded phone then you could always flash it back to an earlier vers so it's all good:) still to see any specifics aboutthe root yet so not holding my breathe on that one. the update due a the w/end is generic not network specific!

@ omnicorp will see what i can find out for you. after further checking i've found out the telenor release is actually Germany sorry about that my mistake but on the upside if germany have released it sweden/denmark wont be that far behind! again sorry about that for geting your hopes up i should have checked some more before posting

Upvote 0
Just updated to this R2BA020 and it is a nice improvement.
Camera flash is now available to me in Vignette camera app.
Battery life seems better but still not were it should be for hard users
Better screen touch sensitivity
Backup Restore app has been added and is well worth the effort to update!!
Wallpaper selection still sucks. Was hoping for a little more magic there
All my market purchases were still there for me to re-download. I was not expecting that so a bonus for me.

All readings in XDA indicate that root will not be effected here so as soon as that is solidified Ill be jumping on that bandwagon too. Not interested in SE 2.1 firm update. Ill build my own ROM as soon as I have root. 2.2 for me.

Upvote 0
latest news i have as of 12.30pm yesterday the uk release of this has been put back for 2 weeks?? (goddamn sony ericcson may all your wives grow beards and your daughters funny bits heal up!!)

Not good news for us UK users. From what I've read it seems to be an OpenGL issue that has delayed the update but at least SE seem to care enought to fix the problem rather than just releasing a half arsed update with a known issue.

I have a feeling instructions for root will come before we get this elusive update :p

Upvote 0
Anyone in Canada with Rogers do this firmware update?

It's not available in Canada through Rogers yet as far as I know. If it was, I would be all over it, it sounds like it is a great update. A rep from Rogers said on their forum that they will be supporting this update and that they would update us on their forum when it was ready to go. I doubt they will release it to their customers until after they have tinkered with it and put their branding all over it. Hopefully it will be out soon though.

Reactions: eugenekim618
Upvote 0
It's not available in Canada through Rogers yet as far as I know. If it was, I would be all over it, it sounds like it is a great update. A rep from Rogers said on their forum that they will be supporting this update and that they would update us on their forum when it was ready to go. I doubt they will release it to their customers until after they have tinkered with it and put their branding all over it. Hopefully it will be out soon though.
yeah even for us with debranded x10a's still cant get it :(

Upvote 0
Having previously up dated 'over the air' to R2BA020, I've noticed there's another software update (probably a patch) available via PC Companion.

Have just updated, firmware version is still R2BA020.

Haven't had chance to test but hope it's improved the firmware even more...maybe the incall volume, you never know :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I have this update. I remember reading about it here a few weeks ago and forgot about it so was surprised when it came up on my phone automatically. At first I thought the updates to it were great, but my phone seems to have a lot more lag now, even for doing simple things like opening a text message.

*** Apologies for the font, not deliberately trying to highlight. For some reason it keeps changing to bold even though it's not selected and wont revert back :)

***Update: Thought I'd try this using the pc companion instead of through my phone. The UI looks different, but this time I've lost all my settings and all my apps. Hopefully I can get it all back!

Upvote 0
After doing this update, I've found some of the apps are missing from the android market. Anyone else have this problem? I feel lost without shapewriter. SlideIT is crap and for some reason can't find swype either? I also can't find Tunee, which was the best app I'd found for downloading songs.

Anyone know if there's anything that can be done about this?

I don't know about the other apps but to my knowledge you had to sign up for the Swype beta in order to be able to download it (re: it's not on the Market). Not sure if sign-ups for the beta are still open or not. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
hi there,

I have R1FA014. i am in Seattle, Washington with T-Mobile. Has anyone done an upgrade from the SE site? Is it a pretty straight forward procedure? Is there anything I need to know prior the upgrade other than backing up calendar, contacts... etc

I don't think you need to do even that, it says your personal files will not be touched so I didn't back anything up. It looks to me like everything is still there (apps, contacts, emails, texts) but I'm not sure about the calendar since I don't use it.

It is a really straight-forward procedure...it took me about 10 minutes start to finish. The SEUS program tells you exactly what to do and when.

Upvote 0
u have to use seus not over the air update

i have R1FA014 and the pc companion program says my phone is up to date. how do i use the SEUS? would you be kind enough to provide instructions.

i ran the SEUS also, it too says my phone already has the latest software. I am in seattle, washington. does that mean the latest R2BA020 is not available for the US market yet???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones