1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root R2D2 Boot animation problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tgulch22, Nov 25, 2010.

1. tgulch22

tgulch22 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Paramedic
    Perrysburg, OH
    Ok I was trying to put an R2D2 boot screen on, and followed this link from XDA

xda-developers - View Single Post - Droid X R2-D2 editon boot animaion if anyone want it

All the files he used and stuff are here

I tried it first by manually pushing the files to the /system/media

Just got the shining ANDROID screen.

So then I made his batch file and ran it, again just the shining android screen.

I have a feeling I have to do it in the /data/local directory, but I am not experienced enough with this to make the changes to his boot animation files to make it work in the /data/local/

but it is a pretty cool boot screen, someone I am sure can help me out there, I am slowly learning all this root stuff and having a blast with my phone now.

Yes I know this is for the DroidX, I was hoping I would be able to make it work for the eris...if not then I am off to search for other ones...

This is the video of the animation in case no one has seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9yps2fdZSQ

Advertisement

2. tgulch22

Feb 22, 2010
    Paramedic
    Perrysburg, OH
    I am still researching this too, and have determined that a) I cannot use the /system/media for boot animation because I am not using a ROM that supports that...btw nonsensikal 13.7...I have seen something about pulling the bootanimation out of the system/bin file on the ROM and then using one from a ROM that supports the sound. I would this mean reflashing my ROM with the bootanimation file from a sound enabled ROM in the system/bin dir in my ROM?

Also I think the way to do this is to use a desc.txt file and the gif images...am I correct in assuming that?

3. tgulch22

Feb 22, 2010
    Paramedic
    Perrysburg, OH