1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

R800x 2.3.3. Ota update!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by paxchristos, Sep 17, 2011.

1. paxchristos

paxchristos Android Enthusiast

R800x has a new update available OTA!!!

Updates include swype, auto brightness disabling, signal enhancement, and more!!!

Unlocked bootloaders DUE NOT UPDATE YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE!!!

2. trout

trout Newbie

Got it in the middle of watching my football game. Had to reload all the preset games phones a bit quicker

3. Sprung

Sprung Newbie

I got the update this morning. I noticed the new Media Server app, but other than that, I don't know what else was included. Anyone know the specifics?

4. So will this update cause any issues with the games put on the phone from psxperia or will they be ok. I would hate to lose the ability to put my own games on.

5. left4dead

left4dead Member

How are you guys getting this update?

Whenever I do "check for updates" in About Phone > Software Update > Update Now > Check For Updates......it keeps hanging on "Please wait while checking for updates" message in the blue box.

Nothing happens at all. I've rebooted a few times and it keeps happening each time. Is there another way of updating the R800x?

6. oleb84

oleb84 Android Enthusiast

Is your connection wireless or 3g? To my knowledge you can only update via a wireless connection.

7. DiamondFlurry

DiamondFlurry Newbie

I've got the same issue, and it's not a wireless issue; wireless turns off when you start the update process.

I've tried in different places, hard resets, but I can't get it to work (see my thread). I suppose I'll try this PC update program and do it the prehistoric way; maybe that will work...

8. fuhrl

fuhrl Well-Known Member

i just got an xperia play yesterday and it had a software update notification soon after i activated it. after some major issues that i won't go into i was surprised to see it updated to 2.3.3. i thought the update i was reading about was to be 2.3.4. is that one not out yet? thanks for any insight.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews