1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[RADIO] 2.15.00.07.28 radio

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adrynalyne, Aug 12, 2010.

1. tranzue

tranzue Newbie

Software Information is:

Fireware Version: 2.1-update1
    Baseband version: 1.00.03.04.06

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Android Enthusiast

Didn't install for me, no brick.

3. vzw+google+htc=:)

vzw+google+htc=:) Android Enthusiast

Has other files too.

4. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Android Enthusiast

So would I ahve to package the radio update as a .zip file?

5. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Android Expert

There is no 2.05 radio image. So if you wanted that, you would have to RUU back to official 2.1, then used the dinc_ota.zip to flash the leaked 2.1 and the radio update.

The radio update in the zip file is a diff file. It just patches and there is no error checking.

6. tranzue

tranzue Newbie

OK, I got it working, and just in case someone has the same problem I have, I figured it out.

It should be noted I'm running Mac OS, but have Parallels Desktop, so I can run Windows.

But anyway, it seems you must format the card in Windows, and not Mac OS for some reason, at least, thats how I got it to work.

Took some time, should be worth it!

Thanks for the help guys

7. Josh2

Josh2 Well-Known Member

If I did the first radio update with the leaked 2.2 will this radio work if I use it?

8. adrynalyne

Yes.

Josh2 likes this.
  9. Josh2

Josh2 Well-Known Member

Thank you. You are always helpful. Let all of us know when you get a new phone. So that way I can get the same one and have your awesome roms and support with that phone. Thanks Again.

adrynalyne likes this.
  10. adrynalyne

It might be a bit ;)

I haven't found anything that is a worthy replacement.

11. roninld

roninld Member

Thanks for the update.

Issue I noticed running 2.1 stock firmware with 2.15 Radio is that the videos I recorded before upgrading are no longer playing. Just hangs at a black screen.

Thinking I probably need to update to 2.2.

12. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Android Enthusiast

Ok just trying to be clear. I am running second wave with 2.15 radio and not sure yet I am happy with it but was very happy with 2.0 radio.
    Now that I am unrevoked forever can I just flash the 1.x radio in this index and then apply 2.0 ota update? Or must I RUU back to stock and start all over? Just wondering if process has changed at all because of UF? And if I start all over? once I get to the ota can I just Nandroid back to where I was pre 2.15?

Thanks

13. lafester

lafester Android Enthusiast

I think you need to go back to stock and start over.
    you have to be very carefull with that leaked ota radio.
    I would stay away from it unless your performance was significantly better.

14. Eris Lover

Maybe I'll ride it out and see what the 18th brings. The consensus is that we should get ota offer now that we are forever?

15. adrynalyne

Let some sorry fool like me take the risk first.

;)

When OTA hits, I will roll back to 2.1 stock and upgrade.

Unless someone beats me to it :D

16. jewillia

jewillia Lurker

adrynalyne,

Thank you for posting the link to the new radio. Do you have an alternate URL though? I get "Bandwidth limit exceeded" from the one in this thread. If that's the only place, I can just wait and try again later.

17. adrynalyne

Yes.

http://adrynalyne.us/files/radio/2.15.00.07.28/PB31IMG.zip

jewillia likes this.
  18. Eris Lover

Ok so the reason why I keep asking about downgrading radio is obviously because it seems as though my phone has been having issues.
    Thought I would share my experience.

1. Poor 3g speeds, Only place I have speedtested is at work and won't be there till tommorow but use to see 2.5mb there and only seeing .75mb dl here.

2. Couldn't get mms to send, but know that seems to be common problem. started working today?

3. (Biggest) Battery life in the pooper! And getting Hot!

Instead of downgrading decided to try to fix, here is what I found, maybe already stated?

Found the 50% without signal bug like I had with my Eris, and low and behold, I fixed it in the same way I did on my Eris. Plug in phone, turn on airplane mode, wait for screen to go to sleep, turn off airplane mode and unplug, no more time without signal! Battery life is back to awesome with my TP2 1500mah batt.

I also installed the undervoleted Hydra kernel.
    Phone seems to be much smoother since? Will check 3g speeds again tommorow at work.

ikediggety likes this.
  19. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Android Enthusiast

Ok so heres a real noob question..Just wanna make sure I got this right because im confused about something. I have skyraider, rooted, on a 1.x.x.x. radio and am having the switch to 720p recording reboot issue, so I need this radio.

So i get downloading the file to my root, booting to hboot and doing the update ect, but whats this S-off stuff using unrevoked? When i rooted i used unrevoked but it basically does everything for you so im confused at what I would have to use this program for again with this update?

20. jiggaDROID

jiggaDROID Well-Known Member

I'm running Second Wave and have this file installed on my SD card, and for some reason it isn't asking me to update when I boot in to HBOOT. I then tried installing it through clockworkmod, and it doesn't install when I try to choose it from the SD. Am I missing something? I have the file saved as PB31IMG (what it saved as by default after downloading). Does it need to be update.zip?

21. jiggaDROID

jiggaDROID Well-Known Member

Also, not sure if these things matter, but it looks like I'm running version .77 of HBOOT from the HBOOT menu that loads when I restart my phone. Does this need to be updated?

Secondly, I downloaded the .zip right on my phone and then moved it out of the download folder and into the main SD card folder through Astro. It's 12.49 mb, so I'm assuming it got the whole file, and I've used this method numerous times to install stuff.

22. criDikal

criDikal Member

Unrevoked Forever turns the security off (S-OFF) on your phone.

With this off, HBOOT won't try to validate images before you flash them.

If you haven't done so, you need to run it before updating the radio.

http://unrevoked.com/forever

23. Eris Lover

It seems that .79 was the correct version of hboot? I would make sure of that before I went any further hboot problems cause bricks.
    And your file name and location sound correct just make sure that your sd is formatted fat32

24. Fezzik77

Fezzik77 Member

I think the different radios have different performance in different areas. For me I had a vast improvement moving to 2.05 but at best had the same performance from 2.15. Seems to have better burst speeds but the average speed is about the same.

25. JohnnyBlace

JohnnyBlace Member

just installed SkyRaider 2.5.2 - is this radio recommended over the 2.05?

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews