1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Radio and Network-Need Suggestions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rholemodel, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Rholemodel

Rholemodel Lurker

Let me give my specs first:
    My phone is rooted to Gingeritis 3D v.1.1,using ziggy kernel.
    baseband 1.48.00.0930w_3, 0.01/78.0916w_3
    Software 2.11.605.5
    Currently live in extended network 3G area

Before rooting my phone, downloading, browsing and updating apps were never an issue. My first root was liquid and I think I changed radios too, can't be 100% sure, didn't like the ROM and noticed the change in downloading, especially when it comes to market apps so I switched over to gingeritis. I love the ROM but im still having issues with the downloading.
    I changed radios last night to the one I have currently from 1.48.00.0906w_1, 0.01.78.0906w_2
    Still no difference, Does it take a few days for it to improve?
    I just ran a speed test download is .25 mbps and update is .38 mbps. I cannot function on this.
    *Note went to my parents over holidays, they are in a LTE area and everything was fine.*

Can anyone help me with this issue?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jackdubl

jackdubl Android Expert

The change should be immediate; doesn't take time. I'm on the 916_w3 radio and it works great. Also never had a problem with the other one that you just flashed. I'm in a 3G area, by the way.

In my experience, wiping data/cache/davlik and format/system, then reflashing the rom usually solves these types of problems. Are you performing these functions in between flashing roms?

3. Rholemodel

Rholemodel Lurker

Yes doing a complete wipe before flashing a new ROM. I think i may have fixed my problem, data roaming was denied so I changed that to always allow. Made a big difference or it could be that im doing his at 4 a.m. when I'm sure a lot of people aren't using their phones.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews