1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

(Radio) Baseband 1.01.01.0110 from OTA

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lykarsis, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Lykarsis

Lykarsis Android Enthusiast

I am not responsible if you kill your phone doing this.

You only need this if you have not accepted the recent OTA and want the new radios

!!!ONLY DO THIS IF YOU HAVE S-OFF!!!

Be aware that some people have had issues with wifi after doing this. if so, just reflash your kernel and modules as you normally would.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Run these commands one at a time

adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip firmware.zip

wait until green bar stops moving for about 30 seconds (it probably won't fill up on the way

fastboot reboot

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the zip for all of the firmware from the OTA except for the boot.img, recovery.img and hboot.
    Scotty85 pointed out some potential problems with flashing just the radio so I included most of the rest of the firmware. I haven't had any issues with just the radio, but better to not take the chance.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/azmrjrc1qnbjokm/ERAif1cq2c

Thanks to SAMPCam from XDA for the instructions. i'm just posting the .zip I made up for myself

Be aware, I am not a developer so if something goes wrong you want to go the IRC for help
    I'm only posting it because it worked for me and because no one seems to have the correct files and instructions all in one place anywhere else.

chat.andirc.net
    channel #Droid-DNA

Advertisement

Ibrick and scotty85 like this.
  2. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

just a couple comments,advice...

on the rezound,we found out that changing only radios without the rest of the firmware can cause issues,not the least of wich is crappy data stability and strength.

if the firmware package inside OTA.zip has other firmware in it,consider adding that to your download,if you havent allready. just make sure to remove the boot image and recovery ;)

the s off process itself,and jumping back in forth in firmware also seemed to create some data issues,if you do expeirence flaky unstable data after s off, try installing the STOCK recovery,and then the factory reset/clear storage options from hboot.

i dont know for sure s off will cause these issues like it did for the rezound,but just in case,the above may solve some fustration/headache :)

Ibrick and Lykarsis like this.
  3. Lykarsis

Lykarsis Android Enthusiast

Thanks. I took out hboot as well because from what i'm seeing on IRC, that being flashed can have some adverse effects. re-uploading now :)

Ibrick and scotty85 like this.
  4. Ibrick

Ibrick Android Expert

Not to sound like a noob, but the last HTC phone I had was the TBolt, and since we had a an SD slot flashing radios consisted of moving the radios to the root of SD, boot to bootloader and volume up to install the PG051.img

So.. Being new at flashing radios on HTC devices sans SD, would this effect my current ROM and kernel based on the original firmware?

I'm on the new radios now, but have noticed they're a little flaky at times maybe this is reason..

Also md5: 5942220c08b84bbf429177997a82831c

NM.. Answered my own question

scotty85 likes this.
  5. cz500boy

cz500boy Lurker

Hey just to put my own 2 cents in, I just flashed this update on my htc dna and it worked fine. It helped my download speeds as well. ( I am running CM 10.2 kernel 3.4.10)

scotty85 likes this.

HTC Droid DNA Forum

The HTC Droid DNA release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2020mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews