1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root radio for cm7?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rhod, Jul 14, 2011.

1. rhod

rhod Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 26, 2010
    Hi just wondering if anyone knows if I need a newer radio than the stock one for cyanogen mod 7.0.3?

been using this ROM for a few weeks now, find it great, apart from my battery life. seems less than before i rooted it. after a search i found battery life can be improved with leedroid if a newer radio is flashed. is this the same with cm7?

any advice would be great

cheers

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    I've got the LeeDroid recommended radio using CM7. I can't really say whether or not it makes much of a difference, but I found battery on CM7 worse than LeeDroid anyway.

I did a bit of reading about battery life last week and as a result, flashed a new Kernel on Sunday night. So far, I have noticed an improvement, but not a massive one. I can give you a link for that if you like? It's just done via clockwork the same way you'd flash a ROM.

You could also try wiping the battery stats? Do you know how to do that?

3. rhod

rhod Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 26, 2010
    cheers fella

yeah i had a go at reflashing cm7 the other day at at the same time wiped battery stats through the clockworkmod menu (assume thats the way to do it?)

may well have a go at leedroid. i heard some bad reviews about it saying wifi is temperamental and a few reboot issues, you had any probs with it?

and yes, id appreciate that link, thanks!

4. El Presidente

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Here you go: [KERNEL][13MAY]LorDModHD V4.5|ALL AOSP ROMS|2.6.35.13|TOO MUCH STUFF - xda-developers

The file I'm using is LorDmod HD V4.5 BFQ - zip.

Drop it onto the root of your SD Card, reboot into recovery, backup, wipe caches, then install it from a zip as you would a ROM.

I didn't really have any major issues with LeeDroid, it would lag slightly on occasion, but I didn't experience any of the WiFi issues some people have reported. It's definitely worth giving it a go, but despite some flaws, I think CM7 is better. It depends what you're looking for.

Slickness & speed, customisation = CM7. Ease of use, decent out of the box apps etc, Sense Niceties = LeeDroid.

rhod likes this.
  5. rhod

rhod Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 26, 2010
    good man, thanks, i'll have a gander after work and let you know if i have any issues

6. El Presidente

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    No probs :)

Regarding the battery stats, it has to be done when the phone is no longer accepting charge for it to work properly. The indicator on the phone isn't always an accurate portrayal of that. Download Currentwidget, stick the widget on one of your homescreens. When that displays 0mAh, keep it charging, reboot into clockwork, wipe battery stats, go back into the OS, then un plug. You'll need to let the battery run down completely for the first discharge though.