1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Radio Interface Resource Shortage

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by djc6, Feb 9, 2011.

1. djc6

djc6 Lurker

I replaced my Samsung Moment on Monday with an HTC EVO Shift 4G. A few observations:

1) Folks complaining of a fast busy signal intermittently when calling
    2) Intermittent issue with SMS - I get an error saying 'Radio Interface Resource Shortage' while texting.
    3) Sometimes when I go to place a call, I get a fast busy signal.. shortly there after, a "Network Busy" box pops up on the phone.

I called sprint, they performed an OTA "Media Stream HTTP reset" which I don't think is related to the issues I'm having ;) I have the latest PRL.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. djc6

djc6 Lurker

Media Stream HTTP reset didn't help; still occasionally getting 'Radio Interface Resource Shortage' while texting.

3. kbrn

kbrn Android Enthusiast

I've read somewhere that Sprint Is aware of this issue on the EVO and The Shift and they were supposed to be working on a fix.. go figure..

4. spinndiva

spinndiva Lurker

ok everyone, i've had this problem for 4 days straight. 4 DAYSS !!!!!!! i went to 2 different repair stores, no resolution. on the phone for hours with sprint, no solution. sprint said that this occurred b/c of the bad stow storm we had on the east coast a week in a half ago. on my 4th day when a not so incompetent rep answered my question about rirs., the rep said its the towers in your area. i have 3 immediate towers in my area where i live. and the problem only occurs when i'm home. 2 towers were good. however the main tower i believe that my evo relies on im assuming 80%, was down. sprint new about the problem and said they had engineers out to rectify the problem. yea right, now here i am again 2nd day gone good after my 4th day of misery w/o my evo. and gess what?? its acting up again. well, sprint did compensate me very well for inconviencing me and i will be calling them this evening again to find out when is this issue going to be resolved 100%. i'm getting tired now. it doesnt make any since !!!!!!

5. djc6

djc6 Lurker

All those problems occurred while in Ohio (downtown Cleveland) in a 3G/4G service area which is where I got the phone. Now I'm in California in a 3G-only service area in a rural location, no such service problems. Maybe out here in no-man's land there is no 'Resource Shortage'?

6. drwendy

drwendy Lurker

I am in Maryland and I am experiencing the same problem all of a sudden today. It's aggravating. Between the radio interference issue and the network busy error, I'm having to do things twice all the time. No answers???

7. drwendy

drwendy Lurker

Did the problem ever resolve?

8. motoxxxman

motoxxxman Member

I've had this problem a few times while trying to text, but every time I had this error it was when I was within a mile of Pratt & Whitney (a known government facility). I just figured they were pulling some cool spy crap jamming my phone haha

9. taznotadevil

taznotadevil Lurker

Been there done that. As a matter of fact, I wasn't receiving the error message on my HTC Evo 3D until i called Sprint :(. I was having problem sending and receiving texts, but that was it, I had no problem making phone calls or accessing the internet. They had me pull the battery while they did a reset from their end, then they had me do a profile reset on my end. After all was said and done, they try to send yourself a text, as I am typing the text to myself I began receiving the "SMS Error: Radio Interface Resource Shortage" message. I was told that I had to take it into a sprint store because it was either a software problem or a hardware problem. "Duh!!" ;) Now I have to wait till tomorrow sometime before I can communicate with anyone with this phone :mad:.

HTC EVO Shift 4G Forum

The HTC EVO Shift 4G release date was January 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

January 2011
Release Date
Reviews