• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Radio ROM Recommendation - EVO 4g LTE

bdesul

Oct 22, 2012
I am looking for a recommendation for a radio ROM that might help with my crappy reception. Wifi works pretty good but CDMA connection sucks. I dont get 4g LTE service in Denver yet, so I switched mode to CDMA only. I rarely get more than 2 bars, usually 1. I often see 1x instead of 3x associated with my signal strength.

I am running the following configuration:
Android Version: 4.1.2
ROM: CM10.0.0 Jewel
Kernel: 3.0.51-geb1844c
Baseband: 1.12.11.0809

Looking for any suggestions on modifying my Radio ROM or configuration that can help with my signal. I am 2 miles outside of Downtown Denver and my reception is crap.

I appreciate any help.

I am looking for a recommendation for a radio ROM that might help with my crappy reception. Wifi works pretty good but CDMA connection sucks. I dont get 4g LTE service in Denver yet, so I switched mode to CDMA only. I rarely get more than 2 bars, usually 1. I often see 1x instead of 3x associated with my signal strength.

I am running the following configuration:
Android Version: 4.1.2
ROM: CM10.0.0 Jewel
Kernel: 3.0.51-geb1844c
Baseband: 1.12.11.0809

Looking for any suggestions on modifying my Radio ROM or configuration that can help with my signal. I am 2 miles outside of Downtown Denver and my reception is crap.

I appreciate any help.

Hello there !
I see you have the Evo 4g LTE!
It's a nice phone I hear:)
However, you are in the Evo 4G forums but have no fear friend, I will move your thread to the correct forum o.k.?:):)

Upvote 0
My data was horrible on CM10. I loved CM10 to death but let it go. Running MeanBean now and very happy with data.

Assuming the baseband all that other jazz follow sequential order with the numbers, and in comparison to my numbers, you're a bit behind. I would flash the one of the opted roms based of the latest its update. Are you S-on or off? While on the Sense Rom, update profile and prl.

There's also a firmware update around here somewhere. I'm s-off and was able use that to update my radios and such. I'm not sure if/how that works with s-on devices though.

Upvote 0
Mike,
Did you have data issues with the factory ROM? I have had them from day one.

Am I just better off switching from S-ON to S-OFF? If so, is there a preferred way and any special considerations with the HTC EVO 4G LTE? If someone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Does anyone have a link to the RUU file that I don't have to signup for, in order to access?

Thanks.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Mike,

Am I just better off switching from S-ON to S-OFF? If so, is there a preferred way and any special considerations with the HTC EVO 4G LTE? If someone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Does anyone have a link to the RUU file that I don't have to signup for, in order to access?

Thanks.

S-off offers more freedom to run your phone the way you see fit, but it's not entirely necessary. The process can be a bit of a pain for some, but it's not impossible. :)

The place you want to look / read is here:
http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-lte...g-dummies-guide-lazypanda-racun-unlocked.html

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Mike,

Thanks.

well that will be up to you. you get more freedom with s-off then s-on. you can update your firmware with s-off (s-on you can't).

and as of right now you will need to use dirty racun to get s-off. there is no other method. use the guide that granite linked you to. i would read the guide in full before attempting to root your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones