• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Radio Shack to sell Atrix for $150 on 22nd

Im surprised so many people pre-ordered considering the fact that we knew Amazon and Costco were going to sell it for $150

It's called impatience and impulsiveness. lol

I pre-ordered the Inspire from RS because of the $30 incentive and rumor that some people may get it early (turned out to be BS). I wasn't sure if RS was going to get the Atrix at launch since we hadn't heard anything yet. So I pre-ordered the Atrix from AT&T Premier at the non-commitment price. I was going to keep that phone to hold me over until RS got the Atrix. Then I would exchange my Inspire for the Atrix, and then return the one from AT&T. It was going to cost me a $35 restocking fee, but my impatience overpowered my cheapness. lol

I just finished calling both AT&T and RS. My pre-order has been cancelled, and I confirmed that I can exchange my Inspire for the Atrix for $50. :D

Upvote 0

I pre-ordered the Inspire from RS because of the $30 incentive and rumor that some people may get it early (turned out to be BS). I wasn't sure if RS was going to get the Atrix at launch since we hadn't heard anything yet. So I pre-ordered the Atrix from AT&T Premier at the non-commitment price. I was going to keep that phone to hold me over until RS got the Atrix. Then I would exchange my Inspire for the Atrix, and then return the one from AT&T. It was going to cost me a $35 restocking fee, but my impatience overpowered my cheapness. lol

I just finished calling both AT&T and RS. My pre-order has been cancelled, and I confirmed that I can exchange my Inspire for the Atrix for $50. :D

How did you cancel? When I called ATT they told me that they cannot cancel .. And I need to wait till the phone ships out to me... I am not premier nor am I with ATT now..

Upvote 0

I canceled my pre-order within a couple of hours of doing it...lol

Upvote 0
How did you cancel? When I called ATT they told me that they cannot cancel .. And I need to wait till the phone ships out to me... I am not premier nor am I with ATT now..

I'm with Premier, so maybe that was the difference.

Does anyone know if RS would be able to keep the grandfathered unlimited data? Or if RS is able to add a line on a family plan?

I'm not too familiar with RS phone policies, if they're limited on their options or not.

When I upgraded to the Inspire, RS didn't touch my data plan. They left it as is. I had my plan switched to the 4G Unlimited by calling AT&T Customer Service.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if RS would be able to keep the grandfathered unlimited data? Or if RS is able to add a line on a family plan?

I'm not too familiar with RS phone policies, if they're limited on their options or not.

Ya I want to know the same thing. I am adamant about keeping my unlimited plan but I wonder if Radio Shack has the power to work things like the AT&T Corporate stores do...

Upvote 0
I called my local Radio Shack and the woman who answered the phone (without checking anything!) said they weren't getting an Atrix for another month!

Uninformed cashier or are some stores just not getting them for awhile? I live sort of in the middle of nowhere (upstate NY)...

[EDIT]:

I called later in the day and the manager picked up the phone; he told me they would be getting them on the 22nd. So, looks like the earlier call was just an uninformed cashier!

Upvote 0
I called my local Radio Shack and the woman who answered the phone (without checking anything!) said they weren't getting an Atrix for another month!

Uninformed cashier or are some stores just not getting them for awhile? I live sort of in the middle of nowhere (upstate NY)...

Tough to say really, I'd guess that some stores might get them later than others but we definitely know Radio Shack is having them on the 22nd.

Aside: it's such a shame what happened to Radio Shack in the last 10 years. They used to hire knowledgeable people that actually knew about electronics and electrical components, now they're more like any other box retailer and hire untrained people at low wages. I used to like going in to the store just to BS about gadgets and electronic projects, they were actually different and useful, now they've devolved and I think it's killing their company slowly.

Upvote 0

Just curious. Where in the middle of nowhere (Upstate NY)? I live in the Saratoga Springs area

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones