• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Radio] The Official Radio Thread

only real issue I had with the official froyo radio was the fact that if I turned off always enable 3g mobile data like I did in 2.1 that the 3g didn't come back on like it used to... I get good battery life with 2.2 with 3g always on but I'm sure I could get better if I turned it off like I did in 2.1

Upvote 0
I just recently flashed the 9.01 update and I have yet to be able to connect to 3g or 1x. All I'm able to see is my signal strength. Any suggestions? Downgrade back to 1?

I tried all of them to find out what works best. The problem with the 1.x is that you'll get video and camera issues with Froyo. So the 2.x radios are best for FroYo

Upvote 0
I tried all of them to find out what works best. The problem with the 1.x is that you'll get video and camera issues with Froyo. So the 2.x radios are best for FroYo
Hey, how are you doing with your phone? You doing better? I just flashed the 9.01 radio and it's pretty much the same for me. But my battery life is getting better by the day. Not even bumping any more, bedtime at 70 something %.

Upvote 0
I was nervous about upgrading the radio because of reports I have read of people having problems...but it sure worked out well for me. I went from the 2.05 radio to the 9.01.

It resulted in about triple the 3G speeds and what appears to be substantially better battery life.

Excellent how long have you had the 9.01 installed for?

Upvote 0
Hey, how are you doing with your phone? You doing better? I just flashed the 9.01 radio and it's pretty much the same for me. But my battery life is getting better by the day. Not even bumping any more, bedtime at 70 something %.

Nope , tried every radio, tried a ton of Roms, unrooted, when to stock 2.1 , did full wipes, long battery pulls etc... and nothing . So I'm going to "lose" my phone and make an asurion claim. Might be picking up an Eris with a cracked screen today of Clist for $40 to use for a couple days, just tried to get some of my old phones going and the Storms battery is shot and my old LG vx9800 just won't turn on lol... Weird considering they worked fine before

Upvote 0
I have been using the 9.01 radio for a couple days now and I think I am getting better battery life but I tend to change other things so much I cannot be sure it is the radio. So, take that for what it is worth.

I am definitely getting an improvement in reception though it is but a small improvement.

The one negative I've had is that I've had a garbled bleed-over happen for a few seconds once and an echo-back once during calls. I'm still keeping and evaluating, I will probably stay with this radio unless something better pops up or I experience more/worse problems.

Upvote 0
Nope , tried every radio, tried a ton of Roms, unrooted, when to stock 2.1 , did full wipes, long battery pulls etc... and nothing . So I'm going to "lose" my phone and make an asurion claim. Might be picking up an Eris with a cracked screen today of Clist for $40 to use for a couple days, just tried to get some of my old phones going and the Storms battery is shot and my old LG vx9800 just won't turn on lol... Weird considering they worked fine before
I have 2 Erises, rooted, perfect condition. I can loan you one, you pay shipping. Not even activated. PM me if you want it, I can call you later. Out for a ride now. I can probably get it to a Fedex or something later today.

Upvote 0
I will take an eris.
I actually thought of selling one of them for a while but decided against it. We have 3 Incredibles in the family now and the Erises are a great phone in case something happens to one of them. We have insurance on the DIs for a while but ... don't know really. Hard to part with it for a paltry sum of perhaps $100 on a good day. Besides I like playing around with the Roms for it and perhaps helping someone out that needs it for a while as the case may be here.

Upvote 0
Nevertheless, the principle of the point I was making still stands.

Sorry I missed your initial post. I got what you're saying. It's BS! and it's how they make their money. Too many people have one.two year contracts, and have the money to have the latest and greatest and will pay that price. I remember paying $400 for a moto Razr when it first came out for straight up price!!! WOW.

Upvote 0
Some people don't get the fact that a phone is worth more stand alone then on a contract. A Good Condition Eris is worth beetween $80-$140 depending on it's condition, accessories etc..

$40 will barely buy you a basic flip phone used

edit : sorry for pushing the topic more off course then it already was

Precisely. To me, the only part that is BS is that the phone carriers should sell the contracts cheaper if you buy the phone at full retail. You are paying for the phone through the contract over time, so why don't they discount the contract when the phone is not involved?

Answer: Because they can.

And you are right, we should get back on topic, sorry.

Upvote 0
Some people don't get the fact that a phone is worth more stand alone then on a contract. A Good Condition Eris is worth beetween $80-$140 depending on it's condition, accessories etc..

$40 will barely buy you a basic flip phone used

edit : sorry for pushing the topic more off course then it already was

Personally if you pay $80-$120 for an Eris, you got ripped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones