• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Radio] The Official Radio Thread

Show me were I said they were.

This is just my two cents. the Eris is suck crap, Verizon gave me a free brand new Droid Incredible for it.

Obviously some people like them. I know a couple of people who have one and are happy with it. You were not happy with yours and Verizon fixed you up in the name of customer relations. That's cool. In and of itself, that does not mean the Eris is crap, though you are entitled to your opinion in that matter. At the most it means yours was crap. I have seen people who think the Incredible is crap based on the anecdotally bad experiences they have had with their phone. Apparently some are also saying that once rooted and overclocked, the Eris can perform respectfully enough in their opinion.

Now, let's stop this and get back on topic please. Our point here is to help each other, at least that is what I thought the point of the forums was.

Upvote 0
Obviously some people like them. I know a couple of people who have one and are happy with it. You were not happy with yours and Verizon fixed you up in the name of customer relations. That's cool. In and of itself, that does not mean the Eris is crap, though you are entitled to your opinion in that matter. At the most it means yours was crap. I have seen people who think the Incredible is crap based on the anecdotally bad experiences they have had with their phone. Apparently some are also saying that once rooted and overclocked, the Eris can perform respectfully enough in their opinion.

Now, let's stop this and get back on topic please. Our point here is to help each other, at least that is what I thought the point of the forums was.

I was never deliberately trying to argue with you. You are right, I'm wrong, I re-read my post. the Eris is not crap. I thought it was crap, because I had a crappy experience with it. In fact I'm having no so great experience with the Incredible as well. I wish HTC could have made an Eris2. and put the snapdragon in the Eris, but who the hell knows why they didn't.

but again you're right, back to topic, has anyone seen ANY differences in the leaked 2.x radio from OTA 2.2 I haven't.

Upvote 0
I'm not remembering 2.05 real well now but I've definitely not noticed any significant differences in the last two radio softwares. I have had some weird bleed-through and echo-back problems recently but now I'm wondering if that had anything to do with the radio softwares at all because today all has been great as gravy. I've never tried 2.07.

Upvote 0
Please show me a link where someone is selling a functional Eris in good condition with a good esn and with no contract for under $80 . I've never seen one .

Sorry dude my post came out wrong, I didn't mean to say it like you'd be getting ripped out. I personally just wouldn't do it, cos I think you could do better for a little bit more money, that's all. no disrespect.

Upvote 0
some one please tell me what the MD5 is for?

When you download a file, whether it be a ROM or anything important, ALWAYS check the Md5, just do a google search you'll find a program to use, and it makes sure the file is correct and not correct, otherwise you could brick. a few minutes of time is worth saving a $400 bricked phone..

Reactions: SynisterWolf
Upvote 0
When you download a file, whether it be a ROM or anything important, ALWAYS check the Md5, just do a google search you'll find a program to use, and it makes sure the file is correct and not correct, otherwise you could brick. a few minutes of time is worth saving a $400 bricked phone..

Very good advice that I've not always followed in the past myself, but I do now.

Upvote 0
WOW i wish someone would have said this before i went crazy on installing roms and kernels... should i be worried that my phone might take a dump now? on the up side my company pays for my phone so if i break it they will get me a new one but im kinda attached to this one now that is all cracked out.

If things are working ok, just start doing MD5 checks from now on.

Reactions: SynisterWolf
Upvote 0
I was running 2.15.00.09.01 which for the most part didn't seem much different than the previous official radio, but Saturday morning I missed a call where my phone never rang, never displayed missed call but I had a new voicemail. I got paranoid (certain phone calls from work I cannot afford to miss) and loaded 2.15.00.07.28 back. Probably just a fluke but oh well... :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones