• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Radio Update and Gallery3D

ToxicToastKatz

Android Enthusiast
Oct 3, 2009
Aurora, IL
Quick questions (I know, i've had a lot lately, and I apologize):

What has everyone's experience been with updating your radio? Is this something that is recommended for everyone, or only if you've got signal issues? If you update to a higher radio, can you downgrade to another? Flipz states that "different radios work better for different people depending on location, so try them out" but can you really do that?

Also, where/how do you put Gallery3D on the phone? I didn't see anything related to that. The only thing I saw on Flipz site was that LWP messes with it.

If you install LWP, is there a way to uninstall, or does it require a wipe and Nandroid Restore.

I promise these should be the last questions, because once I get this thing set up, I'm done screwing with it (famous last words, right?).

I personally have not updated my Radio, but I have good signal where I am so no need in my situation.

The 3dGallery is an apk that you can push. You can download it here (I believe you need to register to download if you aren't already)

You can install the gallery by doing the following:

Put the apk you want to push to your phone in the sdk/tools folder.
Open up command prompt and cd to your sdk/tools directory
Then do the following commands:

adb remount
adb push replacewithnameofapk.apk /system/app/replacewithnameofapk.apk

Make sure you have the name correct as it is case sensitive.

As for LWP, you should be able to just enable/disable them. Shouldn't have to uninstall them.

Reactions: ToxicToastKatz
Upvote 0
I personally have not updated my Radio, but I have good signal where I am so no need in my situation.

The 3dGallery is an apk that you can push. You can download it here (I believe you need to register to download if you aren't already)

You can install the gallery by doing the following:

Put the apk you want to push to your phone in the sdk/tools folder.
Open up command prompt and cd to your sdk/tools directory
Then do the following commands:

adb remount
adb push replacewithnameofapk.apk /system/app/replacewithnameofapk.apk

Make sure you have the name correct as it is case sensitive.

As for LWP, you should be able to just enable/disable them. Shouldn't have to uninstall them.

Ok, I won't worry about the radio then (as I get good signal as well....for the most part).

Thanks for the link to the .apk. I am registered, so I'll grab it at lunch. Is this something I can push using Flipz Kitchen? Otherwise, I'll probably skip it as I'm not too keen on the whole sdk thing.

With the LWP, do you have experience with them and the Gallery3D? I'm wondering if it's even worth it (my guess is no, since it's pretty much a gimmick anyway, but it's like a car crash...you just have to check it out).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones