1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

radio update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by casper604, Jul 12, 2013.

1. casper604

casper604 Newbie

one of the main reasons i wanted to root my htc evo v 4g was to upgrade my radio to get better signal. unfortunently i have not been able to really find anything on how to do that or even if it would really help. main reason is a get bad signal at work so texts between me and my wife are delayed if they show up at all i want to do something that will give me better signal at work. any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ENVi3

ENVi3 Android Enthusiast

Check the sticky. The one titled "root, s-off, and fix everything"

Brian706 likes this.
  3. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

You have to be S-Off to change radios with the exception of upgrading. If you are on the latest ota update, you will have the most current radio. If you are looking to try other radios, you cannot downgrade without being s-off.

4. casper604

casper604 Newbie

How could I tell if a diffrent radio would make things better?

5. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

You can't without trying different ones in YOUR area, however to be honest, the latest is usually the greatest for most people. :D
    OB

Brian706 likes this.
  6. adamhos1234

adamhos1234 Android Expert

+1

7. casper604

casper604 Newbie

Makes sense. Guess I will just have to do my research and play around a bit and hope I don't brick my phone. Lol

8. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

This is a good group in this forum. We've managed to get people through many sticky situations. As long as you read and understand and ask questions before you start and follow the directions exactly, you will be fine. In all the s-off cases I've only seen one person end up unrecoverable and I have doubt that it couldn't be recovered. :)

OverByter likes this.
  9. casper604

casper604 Newbie

I really do appreciate all the help. Makes things so much easier when there are others with the sane passions