• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Radio vs battery, Shifts3ns3

lbaxter

Jan 10, 2011
Mobile, AL
I'm not seeing the improved battery life people keep talking about with this ROM. I flashed the 802 radio, but it seems on par or worse than what I got with Bamf Forever & Gingeritis 3d on the 2.5.

Is there a radio(s) that works better with this ROM that won't drop my fully charged 1600 ma/h battery from 100% to 90% in 20 mins of no usage, screen off, all apps killed, and Juice Defender running to kill data?

I don't think a day goes by where I get less than 10-12 hours on the stock battery. I don't do any app management (juice defender, quitting programs, etc) I'm running 1.5X with the gingerbread battery mod, 6-bar reception fix mod, and the 906 radios
[Exclusive Download] Gingerbread Build 2.11.605.3 Full RUU And New Radio For HTC ThunderBolt

Couple things to make sure you did: wipe /cache, dalvik, and system (I've sure you've done that), but also wipe battery stats (CWR -> advanced -> wipe battery stats)

I've heard some people getting poor battery life with the 802 radio and 1.5 combination, but I was on that for a couple weeks now with no problem (just flashed 906 last night). If you continue to have the problem, try downgrading to 1.4

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones