1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Radios and reception

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RCope48, Dec 21, 2011.

1. RCope48

RCope48 Well-Known Member

Hey im curious as to how flashing updated radios will help with signal strength,how to tell what I have and what the latest ones are?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikem0269

mikem0269 Android Expert

If you are on a sense its under settings/about phone/software and baseband
    I believe 2.15.00.0808 is the newest radios

ocnbrze and Rxpert83 like this.
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Just know that while flashing radio's you NEVER NEVER NEVER want to pull your battery. Thats is one of the few sure fire ways to brick your phone.

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

radios may or may not help and it is not necessary that you do it. i updated my radios and i saw no difference in my signal strength. so that is up to you. one thing besides what rxpert says is that make sure that you have at least one nandroid backup that has wimax backed up. flashing radios is one of the ways that you could lose your wimax keys and if you do not have a nandroid backup with wimax then you will lose 4g for good.

please read this:
    http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...before-you-flash-your-radios-read-thread.html. just disregard the warnings. it is rare to loose 4g, but it could happen.

argedion, dustwun77 and RCope48 like this.
  5. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

I upgraded my radios too and it didn't make any difference for me either.

RCope48, argedion and ocnbrze like this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews