• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root RADIOS-Is it good or previously released?

Upvote 0
The latest radio should be 2.15.00.0808

I'm not exactly sure of the numerical system that is used to determine if it's the latest one, but I'm 100% sure the .0808 is the latest.

The following was posted by Virus over at XDA:

[ROM] [STOCK ROOTED] RUU_SuperSonic_GB_Sprint_WWE_4.53.651.1_Radio_2.15 .00.0808_NV_2

the op's radios is from the froyo ota. it is not necessary that you update them. but a lot of people are saying that their 3g signal has improved by updating them.

Upvote 0
so... update to the new radio that isn't listed there to improve 3g, so how do i do it? and which one do i use 3g is kinda crappy in Des Moines

well you can do it one of a few ways. you can do the radio combo found here:EVO_Radio_2.15.00.05.02_WiMAX_27243_PRI_NV_2.15_00 3

or you can just flash the most current radio:EVO_Radio_2.15.00.08.08.zip

either way you should make sure that you have plenty of battery and whatever you do DO NOT PULL THE BATTERY OUT while it is installing. you will brick your phone if you do.

Reactions: Krubag
Upvote 0
Reactions: Krubag
Upvote 0
the op's radios is from the froyo ota. it is not necessary that you update them. but a lot of people are saying that their 3g signal has improved by updating them.

well you can do it one of a few ways. you can do the radio combo found here:EVO_Radio_2.15.00.05.02_WiMAX_27243_PRI_NV_2.15_00 3

or you can just flash the most current radio:EVO_Radio_2.15.00.08.08.zip

either way you should make sure that you have plenty of battery and whatever you do DO NOT PULL THE BATTERY OUT while it is installing. you will brick your phone if you do.
:O
What do ya think? Does the wimax update provide much improvement compared to the 0808 radio?

Flashing radios is one of the 'rooted' things that still gets my adrenaline pumping.

Upvote 0
:O
What do ya think? Does the wimax update provide much improvement compared to the 0808 radio?

Flashing radios is one of the 'rooted' things that still gets my adrenaline pumping.

yeah i understand your trepidation on radios as well. but i did the combo update and it went smoothly. i then downgraded my pri to 1.77 because wth the virus kingdom rom, it was recommended to do so. have not upgraded it and no issues with it.

as far as 4g goes i have no basis for comparison because i just recently moved from santa barbara which has no 4g to LA which does. i do get decent 4g signal with the updated radios. so that is up to you.

Upvote 0
yeah i understand your trepidation on radios as well. but i did the combo update and it went smoothly. i then downgraded my pri to 1.77 because wth the virus kingdom rom, it was recommended to do so. have not upgraded it and no issues with it.

as far as 4g goes i have no basis for comparison because i just recently moved from santa barbara which has no 4g to LA which does. i do get decent 4g signal with the updated radios. so that is up to you.
Cool. I'll probably try one of those this week.

I get 4g about once a week, but if the newer radio has a significant improvement to 3g, I might go with that one.... the choices continue. lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones