• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

RadioShack in Central FL stops EVO Pre-Order

Wow..have you checked with Best Buy? I pre-ordered mine last week from the Waterford Lakes store. I was just there about an hour ago standing next to someone who was filling out the paperwork for the EVO pre-order.

edit: Maybe it was for the 2nd shipment...sorry

I have 1 more store to check, kind of a out of the way RShack on my way home...I am crossing my fingers. I think this might be a local corporate move though. The sales guys read the exact memo to me from the monitor screen.

Upvote 0
Final Update on the local RShack. I stopped by the one in Dirt Water just down the street from my house.

I walk into an emtpy store with one approximately 55 year old clerk. He is staring at a computer monitor. He glances up quickly and immediately looks back down and never looked up during our entire conversation.

Me: Are you still taking Pre-Orders for the EVO?

Clerk: Why? Do you want to be the first to own it?

Me: Uh, uh...I just want to see if they will be available early Friday morning.

Clerk: Not sure, don't know if we will have them in stock by then.

Me: What time do you open that day?

Clerk: 9:00AM (still looking down at the monitor)

Me: (mumbling under my breath) Thanks for nothing...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones