1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Raging Thunder - Help

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Nofel, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Nofel

Nofel Lurker
    None

Dec 9, 2011
    I just bought an andriod for the first so do not know how to do the settings.

I downloaded raging thunder but my car is always turning steering left even when my pad is straight.

Advertisement

2. ellianth

ellianth Member
    None

Dec 25, 2010
    Student/Banking/Secret
    Brampton, Ontario, Canada
    There may be an option somewhere in the game's settings menu for re-calibrating the tilt sensor. The device was probably tilted when you started up the app, so now it thinks that right is neutral, and now when the device is held straight (tilted to the left relative to neutral) the game thinks you're turning left.

I don't have raging thunder, but I know from experience with the other Polarbit games that I've played that there is an option for resetting what the game calls the neutral position. The way this usually works is:

1. Go to the re-calibrate screen.
    2. Position the device in the orientation that you want to be neutral.
    3. Tap a button on screen to set this as the neutral position.
    4. Go back to the main menu then do what you need to do.

Hope that helps, and welcome to the world of Android :).

3. Nofel

Nofel Lurker
    None

Dec 9, 2011
    thankyou for the answer but i dont know where is re-calibrate screen

4. ellianth

ellianth Member
    None

Dec 25, 2010
    Student/Banking/Secret
    Do other games that use the gyroscope/accelerometer always send you to the left when the device is in a neutral position? If so then something might be wrong with the accelerometer in your device.

Doesn't look like there are any options for calibrating the tilt sensor in Raging Thunder. I think your only other option will be to use touch screen controls instead. Well, that or exchange the device if the accelerometer is broken and you are still within your exchange period.

Out of curiosity, what device are you using?

5. Nofel

Nofel Lurker
    None

Dec 9, 2011
    i think the tilt sensor is fine, the other motorbike game i m playing uses tilt too, no issues in that.
    The device,
    model no A710
    android version 2.3.4

6. ellianth

ellianth Member
    None

Dec 25, 2010
    Student/Banking/Secret
    Well, that's a plus! Are you sure that you have the game set to use the accelerometer for controlling the car and not onscreen controls? Check in the settings. I was testing the game earlier and on the track I was playing on, it kinda did look like my car was stuck going left when the tilt sensor was off and I wasn't touching the screen to turn the car.

Double check in the settings to make sure that the accelerometer is on. You can also check by touching on the screen and dragging your finger in the direction that you want the car to go (that's how you use the touch controls in Raging Thunder, not just a simple screen tap.)

Other than that, I have no more ideas about what could be wrong with the game. Perhaps it's not compatible with your device.

P.S. If your device is capable of running asphalt 6, then perhaps you can give that game a go instead. It's also an Arcade racing game, and it is currently on salve for $0.10.

Here's a link to the game: https://market.android.com/details?...5nYW1lbG9mdC5hbmRyb2lkLkFOTVAuR2xvZnRBNkhQIl0.