1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Raging Thunder - New awesome racing game + More coming to Android!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Carl C, Dec 17, 2009.

1. PridgNYC

PridgNYC Member

Just tried the Lite version of Raging Thunder on my droid and it worked perfectly.

2. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Android Expert

Yea, trying to play this on the Moment is worthless. Runs at less than 5 fps, which even for a cell phone is bad. Hmm.... e-mail ahoy!

-edit-
    None of their games work on the Moment at this point in time.

3. jdb

jdb Member

Worked on the Droid for me as well...fun game, I'll probably pony up for the full version

4. SirVilhelm

SirVilhelm Android Enthusiast

Just played it on my Droid. Wow, just awesome! Keep up the good work!

5. freeupli

freeupli Guest

very cool indeed, nice to see some real non puzzle applications coming to droid.

6. l3reak

l3reak Lurker

I've just tried the Raging Thunder demo, but it's generally really well done! It could do with some keyboard support. You're no longer on iPhone, Polarbit. What I really hope to happen is that these games do really well and make some good money. These graphics are some of the best we've seen on Android, but honestly phones like the Droid and the Liquid could do so much more.

If Polarbit's games do well, then some other developers might look at that and think "Wow, they did that well with graphics like that? I can squeeze so much more juice out of these phones!" and we'll get some more advanced games. Like that Unreal Engine 3 demo for the iPhone 3GS - the Droid and this new crop of phones like the Acer Liquid, HTC Nexus One & Passion (same phone?), Sony Ericsson X10 and any other Snapdragon phone are just as powerful as the iPhone.

7. ryanbroham

ryanbroham Newbie

now working on Droid!

8. tebower

tebower Member

All four of the Polarbit games work on the Droid now, and I bought paid versions of them. All work wonderfully on my phone. I have a question about Iron Sight - I can't seem to get the teleportation "weapon" to work. It says to pinch and hold, I assume to change position for where you come down, but I can't get it to respond. Does anyone know how to work it?

9. Paid for Armageddon Squadron for my Droid. Kudos to Polarbit for developing an amazing game. Working through the levels now. I can't believe they even incorporated online and network head-to-head gaming.

10. Looks great, will give it a shot once it works for the droid.

11. Errrrr.... IT WORKS ON THE DROID

12. jeff0r3

jeff0r3 Member

ya works fine on my droid

13. GPP[c]

GPP[c] Newbie

Very-Very slow on Samsung Moment and Samsung i5700 Spica :(

14. SumDaii

SumDaii Newbie

All of these games are already on the iPhone, I'm sure.

ToonWarz in online, and it's got that 'cartoony' feel to it, hence 'Toon'.

I'm looking forward to these games :)

15. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Android Expert

Those games are amazing!!

ToonWarz even has multitouch on the droid.

16. mattcoz

mattcoz Member

Yeah, Polarbit has really impressed me, I've downloaded all of their trial games. I'll probably buy a couple of them soon, just deciding on which ones.

17. Murdermajig

Murdermajig Newbie

For Samsung Moment users:
    Email

Hi Murdermajig,

Yep, we're aware that some Samsung models exhibit frame-rate issues, and are working on improving this.

Cheers,

Tommy
    Polarbit

*Follow Polarbit online:*
    Twitter <polarbit (polarbit) on Twitter>
    Youtube <YouTube - polarbit1's Channel>
    Polarbit.com <http://www.polarbit.com>

help@polarbit.com wrote:
    > Hello Form User,
    >
    > You are being contacted via Polarbit by Murdermajig. Murdermajig has provided the following information so you may contact them:
    >
    > Email: Phone: Website: Subject: support
    >
    > Message:
    > On Samsung Moment
    >
    > While using the (Lite) version of raging thunder i would get framerate issues, the game was choppy and could not play, I found it a unpleasant experience on my phone, I do not know if it is because you mainly develop on HTC hardware, but in youtube videos, the game runs very smooth using the (global) HTC hero. If you guys can fix the frame rate, i will seriously consider purchasing this on the Android app market.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

18. konoma25

konoma25 Lurker

19. mattcoz

mattcoz Member

Wow, will this be a free upgrade for people who have paid for Raging Thunder? I was going to buy RT, but will wait if I can't upgrade to RT2.

20. azuttey

azuttey Lurker

can i install on my htc tattoo?? and how??

tisti likes this.
  21. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Android Enthusiast

Wow. Better be on slideme too.

22. craigrn16

craigrn16 Android Enthusiast

These guys need to learn how to put a majority of the game on the SD card like the makers of ExZuez so we can get more graphical power on our droid.

23. o_boda

o_boda Lurker

SmahtMan likes this.
  24. Drazil

Drazil Well-Known Member

Great game... the menu music reminds me of Star Control 2. It would be nice to be able to replay races though.

25. Carl C

Carl C Extreme Android User

You can get paid applications at Slideme.org, fantastic for those who do not have access to paid apps.

Here's the link for these games above: https://slideme.org/user/polarbit

Enjoy! :D