• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rainbow colored vertical line in screen

it sounds like a crack in the glass that doesnt affect the LCD. the way the light passes through cracks makes a rainbow effect, you can see the same thing with vertical or horizontal scratches on the screen.

I would try to get it replaced, its glass and it needs to be optically clear, any kind of repair wont ever get it back to stock. and if it breaks completely that would suck.

Upvote 0
I examined it under a light with the display off and appears to be a deep scratch in the screen protector because there is another one further down that also has the rainbow effect but it's not vertical. I'm going to take off the screen protector because I really don't want to send another phone back.

Upvote 0
I had to take pictures with another phone cause the screen shot look normal when viewed from another phone or on the web. But the screen looks just how it looks on the pic
Ughh im so sad. The screen glitches like that and this happened all of a sudden
IMG_20120205_145122.jpg

IMG_20120205_145034.jpg

Upvote 0
One thing remove the last picture or blur the number... Have you tried rebooting and are you rooted? Does it do it all the time or only sometimes? sorry for the questions, but I want to see if I can figure out what the problem is and if it is fixable. Also when you do a reboot do the lines show up on the boot screen and boot animation? What have you done with it since it didn't have that problem?

Upvote 0
I have the original rom on. I factory data reset it and i rebooted twice. The lines come out when the reeboot menu screen comes up vertically and the lettering looks blurry like there breaking and the motorola logo looks blurry also . It started to happen yesterday and its been going on since
But the weirdest thing is when i take a screen shot you cant see it.
Nothing looks crisp or clear

Upvote 0
I have the original rom on. I factory data reset it and i rebooted twice. The lines come out when the reeboot menu screen comes up vertically and the lettering looks blurry like there breaking and the motorola logo looks blurry also . It started to happen yesterday and its been going on since
But the weirdest thing is when i take a screen shot you cant see it.
Nothing looks crisp or clear

A screenshot uses the software version of the screen so lines like that which I can tell you are hardware related won't show up. It seems as if the ribbon cable that connects the lcd to the mobo got damaged somehow. I would contact VM to get a replacement, because that is definitely a hardware problem. Most likely the ribbon cable is loose or damaged or it could be the graphics chip. Either way get a replacement.

Edit: also you really should remove the phone number on the last pic unless you don't care that its on the internet.

Upvote 0
This rainbow line was definitely just a deep scratch in the stock screen protector.. I took it off and its gone and put another one on. just to let anyone know that may have this problem in the future.

I was freakin out cos my galaxy tab 2 is new and i have this tiny rainbow line on the center of my screen, i was close on removing the protector just to find out wth, though the post is old it is helpful. I can breathe now!

Upvote 0
Hi,
Has anyone come across such a problem earlier ?
These kind of lines appear in the images I take with my phone and they vary, they could be on the left side of the screen, could be just one small line or half of the image with different colours.
Can anyone help?
Thanks.

P.S I have attached an image to give u an example of whats happening

Attachments

• DSC_0325.jpg
    989 KB · Views: 895
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones