• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ram Behavior, kinda weird... =/

yojosefo

Oct 9, 2009
Hey guys!, Ive been using my desire for about 3 weeks, now, 3 happy weeks btw.
Ive noticed something really weird, I use Advanced task killer to keep my ram memory as clean as possible during the usage, but I noticed that the more time it is on, and the more apps are runned and then 'killed' by the atk, the available ram memory become less and less, till almost nothing, the first app kill leaves me with about 180-200mb of free ram, then by the next day 55-60, even when there are supposedly no more apps to kill...

Why do u think this behavior is presented, really annoying! jajaja

thanks in advance!

android for life.

Most people on here will tell you that Android manages its own memory very well and that you do not need to use advance task killer. In fact, many blame advance task killer for causing problems.

That said, I have noticed that using ATK can actually speed up my phone. In terms of the memory loss, I'd simply say looks like you need to consider rebooting the phone every few days.

Upvote 0
Most people on here will tell you that Android manages its own memory very well and that you do not need to use advance task killer. In fact, many blame advance task killer for causing problems.

That said, I have noticed that using ATK can actually speed up my phone. In terms of the memory loss, I'd simply say looks like you need to consider rebooting the phone every few days.

Ive just switched to task killer, the one with the red android, I pretty sure it is working way better, since it has a more customizable functioning and keeps always updated with the available ram.

I'll post the performance tomorrow, 1 day at the time it is, lets see how it does :D

thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones