1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

RAM clearing

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by praveenkumar p, Apr 13, 2012.

1. praveenkumar p

Hi, I am new to Android

I use a Galaxy fit Android 2.2
    The RAM is 280 MB
    Usually it would be at the half, after clearing RAM manually.
    It never goes beyond ~230 MB as it automatically clears unused apps.

My qn is, Now I use Go sms, Launcher 7 always and the RAM never gets below 200MB. Also the RAM gets auto cleared when >230MB, so I dont get any performance issues. Will the use of both these apps result in any RAM issues upon constant useage?
    (under this condition I would be able to use it btw 200 - 230 MB, but that is not an issue as I dont multitask a lot)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants

Nope, you shouldn't have any issues at all. ;)

praveenkumar p likes this.
  3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

Don't worry about RAM. Android 2.2 (Froyo) was the first build of Android that included effective RAM management. Even if your RAM dips down to <100 MB, you'll be fine. Android is designed to cache applications in the RAM, causing more to appear to be used. Again, this is fine and done so by design. The idea is that if apps are already in RAM, they boot faster. They don't consume resources because they're inactive.

Android RAM doesn't work like Windows RAM where more free space is more performance. Android works more efficiently by keeping what it needs in RAM and calling when needed instead of having to pull it from the ROM into RAM and then accessing the RAM, which is the Windows process.

praveenkumar p likes this.