• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ram decreased After flash

I had a Smartphone Named Mione R1. It had 2gb of ram and 16gb of rom. I wnated to flash it but after Flashing was done without any errors I noticed that Mobile Had become Too much Slow. So I installed An app Named DISKINFO to see the specs of Phone's Memory. Now it is showing About 500mb of ram and 4gb of rom. What should I do now? Anyone To help me out!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-02-28-22-22-18.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-28-22-22-18.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 98
Some obvious questions would be "what did you flash to it?" and "did you take a nandroid first so that you can easily undo the flash?".

A ROM flash cannot change how much storage or RAM a phone actually has, so it's tempting to wonder whether it's just confusing this app or whether it's really confused the operating system (it's not a port from a different phone?). What does the phone's system storage menu say about your storage? What does an alternative app (DiskUsage, Storage Truth, RAM Truth) say about this? If they give the correct answer then it's just this app that's not working with your ROM, but if they give the wrong answer then that ROM is badly messed-up.

But in any case if it's not performing properly I would suggest flashing back to the original software (assuming that you don't have a nandroid - in my ROM flashing days I would never flash anything without taking a nandroid backup first, and would always advise that to anyone contemplating modding their phone). This "reduced storage" is a sign that the ROM is incompatible in some strange way, but poor performance is quite sufficient reason to go back to what you were using previously.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones