1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support RAM Management

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by seanjoe, Jan 9, 2012.

1. seanjoe

seanjoe Member
    None

Dec 23, 2011
    Well running low on RAM on my ZTE Warp seems to be a constant thing. Does anyone else with the ZTE Warp have issues with running low on RAM? It does only have 512megs so I have to watch how many widgets I use and such. I have been reading on managing the RAM and a lot of places are saying to stay away from task killers. So what I am asking what do you guys do to manage your RAM to help keep the phone from getting to sluggish? Also something that manages memory leaks too. Thanks! btw I try using the search first but it doesn't work for me ever. It just says loading and never loads.

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    There are 2 searches, one that does the whole of phandroid (our parent site) so it searches through the news articles, forums etc and can take ages. The one you want is the one in the blue bar at the top of the page (the bottom circle in this pic):

[​IMG]

That's by the by though, searching isn't mandatory :)

Generally it is best let Android manage RAM and 512 is fine, the OS manages RAM in a different way to Windows so it's better to have apps cached in memory than have it free (although it does obviously need some free RAM). Is your phone becoming sluggish a lot?

3. seanjoe

seanjoe Member
    None

Dec 23, 2011
    So far it hasn't gotten too sluggish, but I have been watching my ram usage closely and trying not to overload it with a bunch of stuff to prevent it from getting sluggish. Reading on how android will kill processes and prioritizes things on its own ill try to not worry about the memory and just do whatever I like and see if it does become sluggish. I also use the dolphin hd browser companion which seems to free up some ram for a little while, but it will jump back up to where it was in a short while.
    What do you mean by caching apps in memory? Is that something I have to do or is it done automatically?

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Nah, it just does it automatically. Just use your phone as you have been and you should have no problems with RAM etc.