1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ram/memory

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Biggen69, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Biggen69

Biggen69 Newbie

Hi everyone I don't no much about my galaxy s4 apart from I love it since I moved from iPhone 5.

I've git the master clean app that cleans my phone up but my question is when I close all my apps down by holding the home button and press the X to clear my app it still shows me having Loads of running apps when I go on the clean up app.

My ram always seems to be on like 70 odd % what is ram and how can I keep it down so my phone runs Smooth. Thanks all

Advertisement

2. valorian

valorian Android Expert

This is a common question from people new to Android. You do not need to worry about freeing up RAM. RAM is there to be used. Unused RAM is wasted RAM. The Android OS does a great job of managing RAM use. Let the Android OS manage the RAM for you and just enjoy the phone.

3. Biggen69

Biggen69 Newbie

OK mate. Is clean master any good then mate.

4. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Android Enthusiast

Clean Master is pretty good for clearing up temp files and cache. But as valorian said, don't worry about ram. The OS will take care of freeing memory when its needed. I would recommend restarting your phone every couple of days. That seems to help keep the phone from getting sluggish.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews