1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

RAM problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iforget2, Aug 28, 2011.

1. iforget2

iforget2 Lurker

Hey guys,

My phone is having a problem where everytime i press the home/ back key to get out of an app, my sensation resets itself by flashing to the white screen with the green htc letters and then takes about 20 seconds to load and go to normal. I've researched this problem and have found out that it is because I am too low on RAM (around 50MB left).

My problem is, how do I get more RAM? I've read that ATK is not very helpful and I have not installed any apps that should have caused this problem. I use the task killer that's on my Sensation and even after that, I only have 80MB free and my phone still restarts when I come out of an app. What could it be that is taking up nearly 500 MB of RAM? Thanks, all.

Frustrated Sensation user

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. CdTDroiD

CdTDroiD Android Enthusiast

50mb is not to low and it wont cause the phone to do that.. when it flashes white with the htc letters can you still see the status bar? Are you running a custom ROM?

3. master_yoda

master_yoda Android Enthusiast

If your using the stock ROM try a factory reset (if your sure its not an app you installed that might be causing it), as it sounds like sense is forcing close. When sense is forced to close on my old Desire it goes to white screen with green HTC letters, thankfully this was very rare.

A factory reset sensation should have much more than 50mb ram free aswell. I have 30 apps installed and Ive never seen mine go below 90mb of free ram in task manager and never below 200mb free when checking under Applications>Running services.

Cheers

4. w0mbat

w0mbat Newbie

As master_yoda points out, it's a Rom / software issue rather than a memory issue.

A Factory defaults wipe or wipe and reload of a custom Rom if you are using one will sort this out for you :)

5. iforget2

iforget2 Lurker

Nope not running a custom ROM. My phone isn't rooted and I may take that into consideration and no status bar when it flashes white and the htc letters. If I do a factory reset, would it delete all my apps that I haven't moved onto my SD card?

6. Cleggy

Cleggy Member

No nothing will be touched on the sd card at all, for peace of mind purposes you could always take it out altogether.

HTC Sensation 4G Forum

The HTC Sensation 4G release date was 8th June. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

8th June
Release Date
Reviews