• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ran out of batteries now it wont turn on

AndQuocDrew

Jan 2, 2013
Hey guys I've had the spectrum for awhile now, just got CM10 on it. This happened before. So what happened is I ran out of batteries and when I plug it in after it charges for a bit the screen turns on and shows the LG symbol cut off on the bottom. Then it just freezes there. Last time it happened I had a spare battery that was charged and it turned on and worked fine. Charged whenever i needed it to. The problem only happened after the battery ran out. What do I do?

This wasnt a problem before CM10

I had the same problem, although the battery was around 5% when I got it back on. Mentioned it in the cm10 thread as "not charging when powered off"
Unplug, Battery pull for 3+ minutes, then put the battery in and his the power button, you should get a vibrate as it powers on, wait until the cm boot animation shows up before plugging in, or it just does the same thing again.

If it does not vibrate and power on, don't keep trying. Put the battery in the freezer for about 8 minutes, you want it cold, not frozen. And you might get it working enough to power on.

Be careful though, you really don't want any moisture on that battery or it could fry your phone as it heats up. Maybe wrap it in paper towels and put it in a zip lock, suck the air out of the zip lock also.

It is the humidity in the air that condenses on the battery (ie freezer burn), so make sure you get it all out.

Good luck,
If you don't feel comfortable doing that, go to a Verizon store and see if they will let you put your battery in the display model to charge it up, if they still have one. They might even have someone else's in the back that was brought in for repair/replacement, never hurts to ask.

Upvote 0
Battery Pull didn't work =/
When I plug it in to the computer USB and hold the power button it makes the sound like something is connecting on my computer but nothing happens on my phone, then when i release the power button it makes a sound like the USB is disconnecting. Wahhhh cant get to a verizon store for awhile anymore help please? :D

I can get into download mode does that help?

Upvote 0
Hey guys I've had the spectrum for awhile now, just got CM10 on it. This happened before. So what happened is I ran out of batteries and when I plug it in after it charges for a bit the screen turns on and shows the LG symbol cut off on the bottom. Then it just freezes there. Last time it happened I had a spare battery that was charged and it turned on and worked fine. Charged whenever i needed it to. The problem only happened after the battery ran out. What do I do?

I had the same problem, and I tried the other solutions, but it still wouldn't work, then Neph81 gave me this solution that worked for me. I ended up ordering a Universal Wall Dock Charger and it came with 2 battery's from this link...Amozon.com: Hyperion LG Spectrum 4G 2 x Battery + Charger. I was very impressed with the product, it came within two days, easy to use, and now I never need to plug my phone in. If you only want the Universal Wall Dock Charger, go to this link...Amazon.com: Hyperion Universal Rapid Battery Charger for LG Spectrum. My Stock Battery is the [LG Spectrum VS920 Battery li-ion BL-49KH 1830 mAh 3.8V] and works after charging it with the Universal Wall Charger I ordered.

Upvote 0

For the fun of asking, what kind of battery do you have?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones