• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random 6-digit PIN for Bluetooth Pairing

Hi, I just got a Galaxy (i7500) and I'm trying to connect it to the Samsung PC Studio 3, running on Asus EeePC 1000HE, Win XP Home.

1.) Model Number ? _Galaxy
2.) Firmware Version ? 1.5
3.) Baseband Version ? I7500JIIGC
4.) Kernel Version ? 2.6.27
5.) Build Number ? 76XXCSDCBALUM6375

I'm using the phone in Israel, provider is Cellcom, phone is unlocked.

Problem:
When trying to connect the phone to the netbook I attempted BT and USB - both failed.
In BT, the PC Studio finds the Galaxy and prompts to type a PIN to authenticate. I type 1234, hit 'Send'. On the handset I get a message saying another device is trying to connect, but with a random 6-digits PIN, which I cannot edit - hence pairing fails. I tried vice-versa (handset first, type the 6-digits to the PC Studio, hit 'Send') - same results.

In USB mode, PC Studio is always 'Not connected', even though the phone is connected, in Data Transfer mode. I also tried just connecting the USB without 'Data transfer' - same result. No connection.

I tried pairing Nokia E71 with the Galaxy, entered at the E71 1234 as the pin, then 1234 at the Galaxy - and it worked fine.

Any idea how to fix the PC Studio problem? I want to sync my Contacts/Calendar from Outlook, and keeping them there (not importing all my data to Google..).

Thanks!

The 'new' PC Studio is for the newer phones. Its really confusing :p

Anyway the New PC Studio has the drivers for the newer phones. You might need to enable USB debugging (its in settings -> application settins -> development on your phone). This will force windows to see the phone as a composite device.

If it cant find the drivers point it to c:\program files\Samsung\New PC Studio\USB Drivers

With debugging on you'll have one device it won't find the driver for, its ok just ignore it.

The Studio is really big because it has media converting, calender and a load of other crap you'll probbaly never use in it!

Upvote 0
My joy was premature. It's not working.

The BT is still showing the 6-digits random PIN, and when I'm connecting via USB it does recognize the device, but in the Sync Options I cannot 'Checkmark' the I7500 - it's grayed out, and there's a 'Not compatible' next to the device.

So basically the New PC Studio did bring Outlook Contacts/Calendar, but it won't sync them to the device.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Upvote 0
It looks like its your version - Region JII is not compatible. It looks like the only compatable version was the original german version :(

The only way we found to sync contacts is to export them to a csv file, then import them into google. Then sync with google on the phone.

Yeah it sucks, but only way right now :(

RE the bluetooth, thats a bit wierd. What happens if you put 6 digits in windows?

Upvote 0
Oh, so basically you're saying my device (in its current version) will never sync with PC Studio? That sucks!

Well, first I see if I win this device, then I'll start working on importing my contacts and calendar.. Damn!

As for BT, I did tried vise-versa:
Getting the phone to issue a random 6-digit PIN, then entered that into the PC Studio and hit 'Send', but it didn't work. Got 'Authentication failed'. It's just weird! With Nokia is very simple, regardless of your device..

Thanks a lot for the help !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones