1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Random apps force close on reboot and require reinstall to work properly.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nfusaf, Aug 1, 2011.

1. nfusaf

nfusaf Lurker
    None

Nov 30, 2009
    I did not know how to word this one in all of the searching I did and no one that I read about seemed to be having the same issue. Well I have my Galaxy S rooted with Com Rom with the blue midnight 3.0. I have noticed that the battery will, maybe, last the entire day. Whenever my phone reboots due to low battery or if I restart it myself I will start up and random apps will open and look like they will work fine but the phone will vibrate once, and then two times in a row the second time and then force close every time you open that app.

The apps require me to remove the app from the phone and then reinstall that app. It will work fine then as long as I dont restart the phone.

I have yet to notice a consistently force closing app, exception being adw. launcher.

I have already done a dalvik clear, cleared the cache, and cleared all user data. It still happens every time I restart the phone.

Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. onlyatbenco

onlyatbenco Lurker
    None

Mar 13, 2012
    I don't know if it is the same problem but it sounds similar. This is the only thread I have found that sounds like my issue. (Probably do to a lazy search)
    I have a Motorola Defy Rooted with the original Froyo T-Mo Rom. I also cleared everything Dalvik and such, to no avail. I have also tried a factory wipe still no luck.

I have not had any problems untill i accidentally uninstalled a necessary system app.
    I restored an older Rom backup that I have, and had used to restore before.
    The only problem is, now every time I turn off my phone I have to reinstall all user apps, or they will force-close shortly after opening.

If anyone has any ideas please post, this problem is annoying.