1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Random Apps I'm Not Using Pop Up with Not Responding

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by awriternot, Aug 7, 2013.

1. awriternot

awriternot Well-Known Member

Hi! I have been having an issue with my phone just randomly I will get a message pop up that "X" isn't responding, do I want to wait or close.
    There is no specific app, it's happened with Facebook, my contacts, my launcher, pretty much just random stuff.

I will also note (in case you are wondering.. lol) that I have FB set to never refresh, no push, etc.). My husband mentioned that it has been happening to him too.

I'm running 4.1.2

Is this happening to anyone else? It is quite irritating. :D

Advertisement

2. djclemon

djclemon Well-Known Member

I have had one app that wld randomly do that to me, i uninstalled it and haven't had a problem since! Now I know u said that u have fb set to nvr update automatically, but there has to be something that is starting up and trying to use the app for this to happen, or perhaps last time u used the app u nvr fully closed it out (just going back to home screen dsnt fully stop all apps from running in the background)

3. awriternot

awriternot Well-Known Member

I could see that if it was just Facebook but it's all kinds of apps. Even things like my contacts or launcher or text.

4. Ssith

Ssith Android Enthusiast

did you recently update to JB from ICS?

did you do a factory reset when you did update (whether it was recent or not)?

if you didn't, that's likely the issue. it's a thing that happens when these phones update. do a factory reset and it should solve it.

5. User212

User212 Lurker

I've been having this same problem with messages popping up saying apps are not responding - Facebook, messenger, outlook, random games, etc. Lots of times it's apps I don't even use very often and it's always a different one, rarely the same one. I also have an app on my phone that's purpose is to save battery usage by shutting down all those apps in the background that automatically startup when you don't need them to. It kicks in after I enter my security code. I updated to ICS over a year ago and it's only recently that I've had this problem with the apps not responding. I'd say it's gotten worse in the past couple months. At times I can't even get some apps to open because it seems like the system is sluggish. I have 2 different virus protection apps on my phone and they've been there for quite awhile. My understanding is that a factory reset means I'll lose all my contact info and I really don't want to do that. Any suggestions? Has anyone determined what's causing this? Thanks.

6. djclemon

djclemon Well-Known Member

As long as you have your phone set to sync contacts with your Gmail account, u dnt loose them, cuz as soon as you log back into your Gmail after the FDR, they come right back!

7. bwebb83

bwebb83 Lurker

my atrix 2 started doing this a couple weeks ago, just random apps pop up not responding but facebook and fb messanger are the most common.