• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Random apps on startup

ESalter

Lurker
Jan 7, 2013
I've had an ASUS TF300 for a few months now and have had nothing but trouble with the apps. When I turn it on after being off for a while - as long as a couple days, random apps will open and close, the settings screen will open and close several times, the home screen will jump around, etc. It's bizarre. It calms down after several minutes, especially while email syncs. It's not quite as bad when I have the tablet connected to the docking station and I use the mouse or pointer - it works a little better. But everything is way worse when I disconnect the tablet and use on its own. The screen is not very responsive, apps that I don't touch open, apps that I try to swipe close will open instead of closing. Very frustrating. I've updated the software and I finally did a full factory re-boot last night and re-installed everything. Same problem.

Please don't take offense when I ask, but are you familiar with how android works?

Android keeps apps in cache that you use the most but if you don't have a list yet or use many apps the same duration, it will randomly cache them into memory, then kill them as ram is needed. If you find trouble apps, freeze them. If you don't use it, freeze it and it won't cache.

Basically, it's a million times smarter than Windows, so don't be concerned with apps 'running' or cached... The Os will kill them if it, needs the memory.

Upvote 0
No offense taken. I have an Android phone and don't have the same problem. I always close out of the apps when I'm done with the tablet, so why would they open randomly upon startup? And why would the tablet work better in the docking station (used most of the time) rather than in a stand-alone state? What do you mean by freezing apps? Like I said, the settings tab will launch and flicker on/off during startup, particularly when the system is downloading emails (synced with 3 different accounts). And the home screen moves.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones