1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Random Audio Pauses

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Clown Baby0524, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Clown Baby0524

None

May 28, 2010
    I got my Charge about a week ago and did a factory reset at that time. I do not have Google Listen, Twitter or a 3rd Party Task Killer installed on my phone. When listening to Pandora (streaming) or Beyond Pod (downloaded mp3s) my playback will randomly pause. I can go to the player and press play and everything will play for a few minutes, seconds or maybe an hour and then it will pause again.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the pre-installed Task Manager (I'm not rooted) because it says it will close applications that it deems to be draining the battery. Is there a way to get this thing to not kill certain apps? Could it be something completely unrelated to the Task Manager? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    do you live in a poor signal area?
    is it over wifi? (wifi packets can sometimes not get sent to your modem, which will cause random "blackouts" as i call them to happen, thus what will happen for a brief moment (10-20 seconds) you do not have data transmitting to you.

rooting does not kill certain apps, your preinstalled task manager, can be doing this, but it is not 100% certain. so provide us with a little more information so that we can help ya out :)

Clown Baby0524 likes this.
  3. Clown Baby0524

None

May 28, 2010
    I'm usually listening over wifi at work. If the signal icon is accurate, I generally have 3 bars of wifi strength. I previously had a droid x and never had signal loss issues, sitting in the same location.

I also installed headset blocker because I read that helped people with similar problems, but it hasn't done anything for me. I mentioned rooting because I was reading up on this and I saw that some people were having issues with leaked ROMs and what not. Thanks for your help.

4. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    it might just be the phones hardware itself, hopefully its not, im getting a charge in a few days, just to get used to as far as samsung wise for when the genex comes out.

5. namrokretep

namrokretep Lurker
    None

Oct 29, 2011
    This post is about Pandora on a T-Mobile HTC Sensation with a stock ROM.

I'm not sure this is the fix for my "music pause" symptom. I'm less sure that it might fix yours. But, today is the first day in about 3 weeks I listened to pandora uninterrupted for more than