1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Random Boarder Searches -help!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by robomo, Jan 8, 2012.

1. robomo

robomo Newbie
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    Few years ago I was pulled over at the Canadian boarder and forced to wait and be interrogated for a "random search". This included a "digital" search of my cellphone (shitty flip phone). The interrogator reviewed the phone in front of me, and mostly flipped through the photos from the camera and wallpaper thinking those were photos (lol)...

Now, this is 2012 and I own a phone with *much more* than just a camera feature - emails, web history, etc. etc.

Which brings me to my question: If I get the "privilege" of being randomly searched at the Border again, is there a way to make sure my phone is more secure? I love the United States as a law-abiding citizen, love what our country stands for (not the Media political crap, what it *REALLY* stands for)...

But I really hate going through this random search shit, *especially* digital searches when there's no reasonable cause.

Long story short - is there a way to squirrel away my phone behind a hidden, encrypted layer, and put up a fully functioning "dummy layer" that still works as a phone?

This would be for a rooted phone as well...

Advertisement