• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Random boots on CM6

kevinrubio

Android Expert
May 9, 2011
Atlanta, GA
So I just noticed these random boots that happens like 6 times a day...i'm not even joking. These boots happen only when i'm not using my phone as much, like the screen turned off for like 5 mins . It doesn't happen when i'm using the phone on a app, like right now i'm using phandroid and it's not booting. It's annoying because I won't get text messages for like a while since it booted in the middle of the conversation. So how can I fix this, i'm Running cm6. I can provide my information if needed. Thanks in advance

So I just noticed these random boots that happens like 6 times a day...i'm not even joking. These boots happen only when i'm not using my phone as much, like the screen turned off for like 5 mins . It doesn't happen when i'm using the phone on a app, like right now i'm using phandroid and it's not booting. It's annoying because I won't get text messages for like a while since it booted in the middle of the conversation. So how can I fix this, i'm Running cm6. I can provide my information if needed. Thanks in advance

try this, uninstall the phan app and reboot the phone and see if problem resolve.

Upvote 0
Are you running an undervolted kernel at all? That can cause your phone to freeze at specific CPU frequencies.

How long has this been happening? Have you been running the rom for a while, or have you flashed something new recently and this started happening?

Upvote 0
Are you running an undervolted kernel at all? That can cause your phone to freeze at specific CPU frequencies.

How long has this been happening? Have you been running the rom for a while, or have you flashed something new recently and this started happening?

I've been running this ROM since two months now, my CPU frequency is 710 MHz and i'm not running Amy kind of kernel. This problem has been happening since yesterday. Well I first noticed this problem yesterday 'not sure if it happened before... is there any kind of app that tells you how many reboots your phone does? So I can know if it happens alot

Upvote 0
I've been running this ROM since two months now, my CPU frequency is 710 MHz and i'm not running Amy kind of kernel. This problem has been happening since yesterday. Well I first noticed this problem yesterday 'not sure if it happened before... is there any kind of app that tells you how many reboots your phone does? So I can know if it happens alot

Well, all roms come with a kernel, but yeah if you haven't changed anything in the last two months it's unlikely that's the problem.

Speaking as somebody who flashes far roms far too often for his own good, in your shoes I would backup my firmware in recovery, backup all of my apps and data, do a factory reset and update my rom to the latest version (if there was one). Usually that fixes most problems for me.

It's a bit of a cop out answer I know, but it's something you may want to consider if you can't find an easy fix.

Upvote 0
Wait what are talking bout? If u read the problem it has completely nothing to do with the phan app...it's the system but thanks though

smarty pants? lol well, i'll keep quite...but some apps will cause phones to act stupid and do different stuff, like camera apps in cm7 will cause FC's and before the camera was fix in cm7 if you tried to launch it it would take down the system...But (IMO) iwasjust trying to help you out and seewhat was install/use before the trouble started but.....

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0
smarty pants? lol well, i'll keep quite...but some apps will cause phones to act stupid and do different stuff, like camera apps in cm7 will cause FC's and before the camera was fix in cm7 if you tried to launch it it would take down the system...But (IMO) iwasjust trying to help you out and seewhat was install/use before the trouble started but.....

No I think u took it the wrong way lol.I was over reacting, i'm so sorry for that.and I haven't installed any app from two months ago so it can't be that problem...maybe some update messed with my system?

Upvote 0
i know you dont mean no harm, you cool :p was just trying to pin point some possibilities...;)

well I can take screen shots at my apps to see If u can identify the apps that are causing this issue. But I can't upload them till tomorrow night.
Edit:
Unless I can find another way to upload the pics on my phone through phandroid.would u know how to?

Upvote 0
well I can take screen shots at my apps to see If u can identify the apps that are causing this issue. But I can't upload them till tomorrow night.
Edit:
Unless I can find another way to upload the pics on my phone through phandroid.would u know how to?

never did them through the app, but also check the prongs on the battery and check the gold plates and see if some build up is on there, if so you need some alcohol and cotton swap to clean it, but another way to test and see if its the phone itself revert back to stock or if you with metro use 2.2 and try it out for a day and see if it starts doing it. When i had the kmod install i had the same issues with constantly reboots without warnings, even when i tap the back of the phone or lay it down a little to hard the phone would restart, but after i reflash with a different build, i didnt have them problems no more.

Reactions: kevinrubio
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones