1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Random Camera activity?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 1BlinkGone, May 24, 2011.

1. 1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    It seems as though my phone camera clicks every so often like it's taking a picture. Nothing gets saved in my gallery file, though. The button isn't stuck. This is the second time its happened. Last time, I pulled the battery to clear it as just a restart wouldn't clear the problem. So today, (about 10 days or so later) it starts happening again.

Anybody else have this problem? What is it? Is it a software bug, or is somebody remotely attempting to take pictures through my phone and have the images ported directly to them?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. 1BlinkGone

None

Feb 21, 2011
  3. Jnoc

Jnoc Member
    None

Apr 11, 2010
    San Diego
    Honestly I wouldn't be too worried about it, but check your apps permissions just to be sure; and are you rooted and install a lot of 3rd party market/apps?
    If not I'm sure you can take it back and get an exchange if you act paranoid enough.

4. 1BlinkGone

None

Feb 21, 2011
    No, I'm not rooted. Not many apps from the mkt, either- a handful and pretty generic or utility oriented. But thanks. No need for paranoia here, just a bit concerned if it might be an issue.

Today after using the BatteryGuard app and uninstalling a few things I don't need, the camera sound hasn't occurred once. Thanks again.

5. 1BlinkGone

None

Feb 21, 2011
    Well... it's still doing it. I'd hoped it had been eradicated, but no cigar.

It started doing it again a few days ago, then stopped. Then again, then stopped. Today, after a restart of the phone to clear the memory for an app, it is happening again. I haven't used the camera once today. Go figure.

6. doxiemomma87

doxiemomma87 Guest
    None
    I would definitely take it in and try to get a replacement. I don't know it just creeps me out to think someone could be randomly snapping pics through my phone or something lol. Nothing to hide, but its still creepy to me!

7. 1BlinkGone

None

Feb 21, 2011
    I may do that. Funny thing is, though it is a camera type of sound, it's not the HTC camera default sound, nor is it the retro camera app sound, either.
    Very strange. Intermittent. No I don't have anything to hide either, but hey, it doesn't matter.

It hasn't done it since my last post. Considering I've had the phone since Feb I may have a tough time getting it swapped at the t-mobile store without going thru our wonderful "asurion" program and getting taken for a $100 deductible... thanks.