1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Random Crashing/Freezing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by devilsown13, Jul 29, 2013.

1. devilsown13

devilsown13 Lurker

Hey guys if you don't remember(you probably don't anyways)I bricked my Marquee in May about the weird boot loop and recovery...blah blah yeah so anyways I got a new Marquee and I rooted it.(I have Ctmod 3.80 with hyper kernel)But here's one of the problems I would regularly use my phone then out of nowhere the phone becomes so slow that the only way to fix is to remove the battery.Next problem:When I'm using YouTube the videos would stop and the app would crash.When I open the app again it would work but the videos don't load.When I try to watch youtube on dolphin browser then dolphin would also crash.Last problem:My phones screen would heat up so fast and burn so much then I could smell burning inside.The only way to cool it down is t put it in the freezer for a while.Please help me with these problems if you can.

Advertisement

2. inkrypted

inkrypted Guest

My wife also has a problem watching Youtube videos in Dolphin it sometimes results in a crash but it is rare. The app however works fine. I would ask this question on the heat issue are you using an overclock kernel and if so what are your settings? If you set it back to the stock 1000Mhz does that solve the heat issue? Have you checked under Settings and Display to try different settings like Optimized Brighness or Power Saving? What is the screen Timeout? Checking these settings may help you have a more stable CTMOD experience.

3. devilsown13

devilsown13 Lurker

Yes its an overclocked kernel,I have it on 1300mhz,Lionheart,bfq,fsync off,1024 for SD, and the heat from the screen usually starts where the both cameras are.The screen timeout is one minute .

4. inkrypted

inkrypted Guest

I think 1300 is a bit excessive I know people say it works but I feel comfortable not going past 1200 max. You might start lowering it by 100 and see if the heat issues goes away. If it does I would say that is your max that the phone can comfortably support. Remember these phones are like people what works for one may not work for another. I found Smartass2 to be great for overclocking as Lionheart is really close to Ondemand or the stock Governor so you might give it a try.

5. Tito23p

Tito23p Well-Known Member

The same here with youtube app

6. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

All phones react differently to overclocking the kernel. Some just can't take an overclock at all while others, including mine, can run at 1400 all day long.

If you are experiencing heat issues, drop the clock speed down to default. The heat is not only bad for your phone, it'll kill your battery too.

Unless you know what you are doing, I don't recommend overclocking at all. You can do serious damage to your phone.