1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Random Force Close of process

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by momogee, Feb 17, 2011.

1. momogee

momogee Newbie

So I'm doing anything from using the GPS to playing with appbrain and it brings up this message:

"The app com.sec.android.providers.downloads (process com.sec.android.providers.download) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
    Force close"

It doesn't seem to affect what i'm doing but it's a real pain in the butt cause it can happen 5 times in a span of 2 minutes or not ever for hours.

Has anyone seen this?
    I've just flashed from a fresh 2.1 to 2.2 through the official means. Once I got 2.2 going, it started doing this even before i rooted and did special things.

Advertisement

2. sremick

sremick Android Expert

Who is your cell service with?

3. momogee

momogee Newbie

Rogers. It does this 2-3 times right when i boot up as well. Then it stops whining.

4. kandi

kandi Lurker

did you find out what it meant because mine is doing this too and i cant do anything with my fone i cant even make a call

5. rockfrawg

rockfrawg Newbie

Mine was doing this the past few days, couple times a day...i uninstalled advanced task killer in favor of watchdog lite and it hasn't done it in over 24. May be unrelated, but no more error messages.

6. momogee

momogee Newbie

still happens to me. i'm going to reformat and reflash tonight. gg.

7. momogee

momogee Newbie

so i did a hard reset, it didnt take me back to 2.1 and didnt even seem to reinstall the bloatware i deleted, but the problem is gone.

and now i also just found a utility in ROM Manager that says, "Fix Permissions - Fix file system permissions. This often fixes Force Close problems." Maybe someone can be the guinea pig and if this fixes the problem other than a factory reset!!

8. accordztech

accordztech Lurker

I registerd to see if anyone else had this issue.

This happend to me today, but I cant do anything, anything I try it says low memory and keeps force closing with your same error. I really dont want to do a factory reset, cant even get into the phone to coppy the titanium backup folder.

I looked at the avalible memory it says i have 13g with 12 gigs free. Internnally its 1.27 gigs.

I dont get it, I havent changed anything for the last few days and its saying my memory is low..

9. monstah

monstah Newbie

I've been having this issue with darn near everything (Facebook, Photobucket, Weatherbug, etc) for a couple days. On top of the other issues my phone has been having, I stopped by the AT&T store and I'm getting it replaced.

I have no advice, but I definitely understand your frustration.