1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Random Freeze and restart?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by peterdan1506, Nov 3, 2011.

1. peterdan1506

peterdan1506 Member
    None

Oct 21, 2011
    Hi, I am back on these forums but will be calm now lol.
    I bought a NEW galaxy s2 after my old 1 broke, iv had it for about a week now but last night the phone randomly froze then restarted while i was browsing the android market and updating afew apps and games however i also had afew apps and a game called Backstab HD running in the task manager at the same time.
    The Backstab HD game showed up as red in the Task Manager section so my question is, is this a normal thing for the phone to do if ram is being used up? it was using about 550mb of the 815 or whatver?
    the other question is, is the phone ok?
    its only happened once, which was last night, it wasnt overheated either as i checked and felt the phone near the camera... iv also done a factory data reset and cleared usb storage...any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Advertisement

2. peterdan1506

peterdan1506 Member
    None

Oct 21, 2011
    ...............hello....anyone on here 2 help me???!!!

3. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Android Expert

May 30, 2011
    Whatever he said.
    Cambridgeshire, England
    You do realise your first two post were before 7am uk time so most people probably aren't up yet. All I can say its that its never happened to me and if it doesn't happen again its probably fine.
    To be honest to say that you will only remain calm if someone helps is a bit wrong. Its not like anyone is obliged to post and if people don't it means they don't have a solution. I've had a few post which have never been answered and instead of throwing a hissy fit I took it as no one knows.

4. peterdan1506

peterdan1506 Member
    None

Oct 21, 2011
    i like 2 be helped..not things go unsolved :)
    but yeah you make a very good point so ima edit that line out lol
    but can using too much RAM make the phone freeze/restart itself?

5. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Android Expert

May 30, 2011
    Whatever he said.
    Cambridgeshire, England
    In theory the more ram you use the slower the phone will become so if you use all of it then yeah it could but I would've thought that 250mb would be enough. Personally I would try to see if it happens again if you run the same things. If it doesn't you should be ok. At the end of the day however good the technology is there will always be a time when it does something it shouldn't.

6. xmjox

xmjox Well-Known Member
    None

My phone does sometimes randomly restart or turn itself off but I can never work out why. It's not a massive problem for me, but on Saturday night, it started freezing on me completely and wouldnt even turn off so I had to remove the battery. Then last night, it refused to charge and I was left with a dead battery. I've managed to get it charging via USB at my desk at work but definitely gonna take it to get looked at later.

I'm not saying this will happen to all phones but just letting you know my own experience with freezing issues