• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Google Ads appearing all the time on phone screen

Recently, I accidentally clicked on a sketchy ad link. Completely by mistake. And now these ads are appearing in the corner of my screen. How can I get rid of them??

Screenshot attached when one of the ads appeared while I was messaging a friend.

Attachments

• 20180428_213520.png
    20180428_213520.png
    333.4 KB · Views: 270
Reactions: Caleb Swag Wolf
It's most likely not Google, probably something deliberately designed to look like and make you think it's Google.

It could be 2 things, an app you've installed with aggressive advertising (common culprits are cache cleaners, memory boosters, task killers, battery boosters, anything by Cheetah Mobile, anything by Go Dev team or anything by DU etc). That can be solved by finding and uninstalling the offending app.

Alternatively it could mean your browser has been hijacked which can be fixed by clearing the data and cache on any internet browsers you use. Clearing data means you'll lose bookmarks and login info you've entered, but a number of popular browsers have cloud or local backup so check before you clear data.

Reactions: mydian and Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones