• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Google security message

Popster

Lurker
Feb 23, 2017
I am curious as to why I received a message from Google on my S7 stating that my security settings had changed. I activated the message which stated to enter my password, which I did, then poof...nothing afterward. I have not updated or installed any software in the past couple of weeks.

The message box and resulting page all appeared to be the standard Google items. I thought I was being taken to a message page or I would not have entered the password.

I've seen a bunch of reports of this across the Internet today, which also seems to have coincided with a lot of other problems with Google services. I assume that the was a widespread glitch of some sort that forced users to have to reauthenticate. I wouldn't worry about it too much for now. ☺️

Upvote 0
See also: https://productforums.google.com/forum/?nomobile=true#!category-topic/gmail/Kfsx8YjqAS4
We've gotten reports about some users being signed out of their accounts unexpectedly. We're investigating, but not to worry: there is no indication that this is connected to any phishing or account security threats.
Please try to sign-in again at accounts.google.com and if you cannot remember your password, please use this link (g.co/recover) to recover your password. If you use 2-Step Verification, there may have been a delay in receiving your SMS code. Please try again or use backup codes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones